Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US U.S. Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Basically anything thing that dont make money or the original developer has decided to go a different way, is in peril of being removed, out with the old in with the new is a curious statement and to start sends a message out, thinking about it though it could be a good thing, was jetset still making money off stuff in home even though they wont maintain anything, could this be sonys public warning to developers that are creating problematic items and spaces, we naturally assume its sonys fault when it might not be, this could be a line in the sand moment. Hopefully it is

2. Heavyn

Heavyn ~The big and the bad~
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    I wouldn't be that surprised if UFC was next. It was a nice space and idea, but it's always broken. Though I wonder will this include spaces that meant to expand, but never continued in their pursuit of home content??

3. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Juggernaut is another one....came out with one personal space and some items for it and said at launch that there will be expansion and that they were focusing solely on creating content for Home. Haven't heard another thing since. We will have to watch Digital Leisure and their statements about more updates and content as well. If its the Sony approval process and whatever other red tape that slows these things to a halt then they better do something about it quickly if they really care about the staying power of Home.

I am not being negative, I'm just looking at things realistically and want to see Home succeed.

4. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Too many spaces are created as a promotion for a specific game. They drop the space with some promotional rewards and that's the end of it. There isn't any incentive to spend money for space updates much beyond the initial release period. Game publishers only have so much money budgeted to promote games. Does anyone really think that a space like Guitar Hero: Backstage warrants an upgrade at this point or even the server space to keep it running. Some users may like the space but it certainly does not represent a wise ongoing investment for Activision or Sony.

5. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    being realistic is the only way to be, we cant keep bigging up and defending developers or Sony if the content is broken or rubbish, how can veemee get the same game wrong twice with go fish issues, its also neglect when developers put out content that they then have to put right, dont get me wrong everyone makes errors but serial offenders should be taken to task, id rather have quality over quantity and no region is getting that currently, if the promo is over or the spaces shelf life has run out, let it die with dignity earlier than a broken joke later

6. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    The guitar hero franchise is done and gone so I'm surprised that it's still staying, granted the space and the rewads still work. Game companies should invest in a main space that can be added on like the Capcom sky lounge which would make a great space for all areas. Square Enix should make a lounge that all off their games can be accessed from, the world of final fantasy is so broad that they could sell network games and DLC as well as costumes and have space to grow.

7. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    I agree. I think there will always be promotional spaces as a part of Home and there really is no incentive to do much with those past the initial release. I just wish the original spaces and ones made by developers that make their splash in Home and are working exclusively on Home content, could see more regular updates. There are some that have done better than others. In terms of personal spaces, there is some reason that I obviously don't understand the technical reasons for, that they don't get updates. I'm guessing part of that may also be that once they are sold, there is just no monetary gain involved in updating them.

oh and btw, just a friendly little reminder that Liverpool is a point up on your Gunners. :cheers: lol

U.S. Home Discussion Thread, HOPPER_34, Feb 2, 2012, 7:19 PM, YourPSHome.net, png, LIVERPOOL_mascot06_ab.png

8. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    http://www.yourpshome.net/gallery/f..._home_picture_16-6-2010_14-02-24_original.jpg was just going to click like then I saw the last comment and picture

9. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Well that stinks... I really enjoyed Conspiracy. I had been thinking about picking up the arcade games but never got around to it. I also liked the robot companion (I have one, but I wanted to get the other one as well). I guess I wont have the chance to pick them up :frown:. It also sucks that the foil hat wont work any more. That thing was awesome! Did anyone ever get any of those codes cracked? I was surprised there were not that many people interested in that part.

...and whats next? Don't you dare take away my Slap Happy...or Dragon Green! Every now and then I find a game of Slap Happy going. Maybe I should try to post it on the Quest board. What they need to do is use the ""Core" spaces more efficiently. Pier Park has no games right now. They need to drop one of these older games in every week so I can get some games going. I thought that was the whole point to make it easier to find this stuff!

10. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    I have those cabinets! I guess they are "RARE" now.:tongue: I never got to play in the space though since it was broken by the time I got a pass and there was nothing mentioned about it till I hit the support forums, even then there was nobody in support about the issues till more recently. That was less than a year we had the space and I'm shocked that's it! Slap Happy and Dragons green work well so I doubt they are going anywhere even though they are dead spaces. Better get your pixelated outfit before that's gone too! :shock:

11. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Most of the rewards from Conspiracy are mostly crappy shirts, though the tesla goggles and the suitcases are the best ones so far. And yes, do buy yourselves the pixelated outfits for male and female, as well as the furniture pieces that are on sale before it's gone.

12. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Thanks for the update. These things tend to happen when a certain side hasn't won a match for a month. Ugh.

13. Heavyn

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    I will agree definitely go and buy the pixelated outfit(I have female and male).

14. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Go to tropical personnel space, wear your pixelated outfit, sit in water in the back of house and it removes the pixels, leaving just a censored sign lol

15. Heavyn

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +33 /4
    o trust me I know. lol Though I still don't get why the male pixels didn't have a censor sign? plus the bikini top was awesome T___T I want one.

16. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Does anyone know about the Lockwood limited rewards this February from the Lockwood Showcase yet? Did it come out last night or tonight?

17. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    Showcase V-day update is next week, that was mentioned on the NA blog, EU just said "look out throughout February" on both the blog and Message of the day so good to see they didn't wanna confuse people :sarcasm:

18. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Rc rally update has been released wih 6 advanced challenges, rewards are several parts and new dune buggy body, as well as parts 3 more companion rewards two new colours of ones that were already rewards and a new jeep with flames, challenges are bit harder than original but not impossible, pop into community theatre for urgent fury tee shirt freebie

19. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Those new objectives were a good challenge--that was fun. Also, the paint schemes that you unlock but do not see right away are for the new body that you will unlock when you complete the 6 advanced challenges. I won a cheetah paint scheme at some point that I don't think I saw for any of the body styles. I need to double-check that.

EDIT: was just confirmed by HeavyMystik that the cheetah scheme is for a body style that isn't available yet.

20. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    i take it the fourth body style is the one we got as companion crawler flames

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted