Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US U.S. Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Are you kidding? The Bootleggers quest is as jam packed as it can be in the afternoons/evenings EST time. 8/8 people for all three rooms. People have to finish that Quest in order to progress to the next set of Winter quests next week.

But the game is full of JERKS shooting the people trying to get their 10 barrels for Quest 1, and no, the barrels collected as team wins do not count toward the 10 barrels for Snow Bear!

On top of that, the Activity Board has been frozen on "Loading..." since 12 am PST last night. No one can access it. Activity Chat channels keep disconnecting and reconnecting. And the Main PS.com forum is down at the same time, so we can't even report this.

I hate to use the term "Sony Fail" but whoever came up with the idea of linking availability of the Support Forum to the functionality of PSN and Home itself doesn't care at all about customer relations. Never had this problem with the Lithium forums dammit. :ranting:

2. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    I feel your pain. Fortunately, I had this done in NA during private beta, but EU was a pain until I got into a game by myself and actually returned 10 without even dying lol. Also, somehow I ended up in a completely empty instance in NA the other night with friends, so maybe just keep trying other instances and/or try at off-times like early morning U.S. I also had that problem with activity chat channel disconnecting in EU and I'm not sure if this is what cured it, but I did delete Home and re-install and came back and it went fine. It's all a big pain in the aaarse is what it is.

:mgun::armes09:>>Bootleggers game << :raygun:

3. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Oh great. I just deleted and reinstalled, so I don't want to do that just yet because it will remove downloaded spaces that I had a hard time getting with the heavy server load. So if the playstation forums are still down, I'll sit tight and assume that that they're having serious connection issues right now.

Also looking for an invite to Midnight Glade while I wait, so hope I can find someone or an HCV who is frequently giving tours ... *crossing fingers*

4. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Bootleggers can be fun after a while but with games like Call of Duty and Battlefield, etc I don't get why they want a FPS game within Home, RC Rally on the other hand I have no complaints about it.

5. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1

Some people like HearItWow claimed that you can get your 10 barrels by yourself in an empty instance. I tried that, and it won't even let you drop the cask in your car. The barrel just zips back to its spawn point and your score stays at zero for zero. Could be a design glitch, maybe Bootlegger is not even supposed to begin if there's only one player.

6. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Well I noticed that when I played by myself (in EU) the first cask didn't register, but after that they did until I got 10. Maybe it's not supposed to work that way, but it sure did for me in that one game.

7. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I was in a game that had everyone drop out from the other team. I was able to get 4 or so then my teammate got another 3. Then they left in the next round and I was alone. I was able to find the cask and receive 1 point, but every time I returned it after that I didn't receive any points.

I remember Warhawk would not allow a person to capture the flag if they were the only player. It is meant to deter boosting so I wouldn't be surprised if Bootleggers did the same.

8. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I've waited until the quest peeps were dying off like around Saturday/Sunday, and then played it. I didn't froze or anything, but when I got the notification, I quit the game since I didn't want to take any chances within that buggy game.

9. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    I've not been able to get this from the hub or theatre.

10. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    It was from last week during the 3rd birthday of Home.

11. drake21734

drake21734 Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +45 /11
    I couldnt get it then either. Tried like every day.

12. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    The proble you are talking about is that Sony support for Home has almost no dedicated staff. You have one guy who relays some of the main issues, but no real dedicated one on one support staff. That's because SOMEONE in Sony won't change Home 's designation out of "beta". Beta projects are technically experimental projects that aren't suppose to need a lot of budget for customer support. But someone has decided to save Sony some extra money by keeping Home as a beta without a large support staff.

That's why we are always complaining in vain, and Sony gets to make a large profit on a minimally staffed cash cow.

13. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I found 13/17 items (?) this week. See if you can find the remaining 4 (?), and post it here:

Threads, A-Z, Male, Twisted Metal - 10 free items
    Diesel Store - Furniture, Ornaments - Statue and Flagpole - 2 free items (uncertain if it's counted in new quest, but I think it is)
    Veemee, Furniture, Ornaments - Male Foam Hands, Disruptor - 1 free item
    Lockwood Store - Clothes, Female, Jewlery - Redpaint mask - 1 free item
    Loot>Clothing>Female>Torso>Loot Mountain Bike- 1 freebie item
    Mass Media - Wall Hangings - Blue striped chair
    Konami - free bushido helmet for (female) - I forget where.
    nDreams - Horror pack - knife on head (female)
    Heavy Water - Alien armband tattoo (male) - value packs
    Lockwood - Stitchkins Fruit Salad bunny ornament - chairs (?)

Please note: Loot's Red Stapler ornament do not count towards the quest, though it is free!

14. Lightning

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Have you been able to download any of the items? I sure cant

15. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    No, PSN is giving errors or blank prices to the items now. Just go off and check back later. I still need confirmation of some of the items that are counted towards the quest, and I'm making edits into my lists.

16. Lightning

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    So far I got the ten free items they count but some how I check the others, and it didn't count them I will try again and look for the missing items. Apparently you can download the items got out of home then back in and they should work.

17. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    I just entered threads in the mall and it sorted it for me went from showing 1 out of 17 to completing quest

18. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I used the teleporter on the hub area that takes you to the mall first floor and it that worked for me to complete the quest and receive the reward

19. krauser

krauser Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    PlayStation updates news

Wanna discuss. About any updates far as updates for the PlayStation home that are coming soon or any new games going to be released or. Any thing just about the ps3

20. Justin R Silvers

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Can anyone help me out with the winter event 2011 part 2 quest im stuck at football jersey part

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted