Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US U.S. Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    The timer is for when the main showroom in the space will open its doors and let you in.

2. Ariane Chavasse

Ariane Chavasse Arianne is here

Ratings:
    +28 /5
    I am wondering about the wall color of lockwoods showcase.
    On XBM they show the wall color is kinda purple or pink.
    But,when i enter it, wall color is just green. Same as on EU.
    Whats going on? Did they change color after initiation
    or change it depend on what time u enter?

3. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    When I entered the NA HOME of Lockwood Showcase space, I got the free shopping bag, but then as I linger longer there I got additional three more items? Two stitchkin apt decor item and a Alien Statue?

As for EU HOME Lockwood Showcase space I only receive the free shopping bag.

4. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    You lingered? Really? Like how long did it took you to get the items? Crap. Now, I really got to go there again. :p

5. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    No longer than 10 - 15 minutes. When I got there, the reward indication warning keeps popping up after my initial one of the shopping bag. So I was wondering either some weird happening on giving gift when it supposed to be just the shopping bag as give away only, but the gift warning just keep popping up none stop. O.O

6. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Are these maybe Lockwood gift machine items being rewarded? I know FF reported that you will receive gift machine items that have been sent to you by entering the space.

7. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    It could possibly be. All I know is the free shopping bag comes up first and then subsequently I got a hamster like Stitchkin item, a Caramel dog Stitchkin and a Alien statue. Another friend (Dcsecord) of mine thought by sitting at the single seater couch gives you all that and she also receive some Stitchkin rewards too and one of them is a hamster like creature?

8. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    It could possibly be. All I know is the free shopping bag comes up first and then subsequently I got a hamster like Stitchkin item, a Caramel dog Stitchkin and a Alien statue. Another friend (Dcsecord) of mine thought by sitting at the single seater couch gives you all that and she also receive some Stitchkin rewards too and one of them is a hamster like creature?[/QUOTE] they are all gift machine items

9. Art_of_Ronin

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    That is what I am thinking as well. I hardly use or ever use my Gift Machine, so I think Lockwood Showcase could be a portal to transfer your unclaim Gift Machine items in one go.

10. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Things that make you go hmmmm?? Maybe there is a lucky chair? lol Interesting--I'll give it a try for kicks. Thx

11. we3jesters

we3jesters Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ronin, are you on my psn friends list? I sent pretty much everyone the free stuffed animals and I randomly sent out items from the gift machine using the tokens left over after my wife decided what she wanted me to send her. I know I sent two people an alien statue, just not really sure who I sent it to...heh.

12. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    That is what I am thinking as well. I hardly use or ever use my Gift Machine, so I think Lockwood Showcase could be a portal to transfer your unclaim Gift Machine items in one go.[/QUOTE] yeah seems it, not sure I comfortable with a developer opening an out and out shop on home, bit too close to second life for my liking next thing is there will be no shopping centre just a load of public spaces each dedicated to one developers shop.

13. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I have no problem with developers opening spaces like this, if it's the best way to let people preview items then I'm all for it, it benefits the developer through advertising and the user by allowing us to see an item rather than buy then regret it later as I've done on many occasions (though I rarely regret a lockwood purchase :p)

14. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Maybe not the exact same thing, but I kind of like the mall stores that let you walk inside and look around a little instead of just opening the shopping menu when you reach the entrance. Is it the Veemee store in the EU shopping centre that is set up that way?

I have no problem with spaces like Lockwood geared towards selling one publisher's items. Like Rachel said, it's worthwhile if it allows you to preview items like clothes or furniture before purchasing. It would be nice to walk around furniture items to preview them in a dedicated space instead of relying on the little menu box to accurately represent the item.

15. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    dont have a problem with it, as I navigate second life well enough, just they wanna be careful that it dont become second life where three out of four public spaces is just a shop, it might be a shop in scenic surroundings but it is just a shop

16. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    It could've been somebody had recently given you these reward items from the Gift Machine itself, since the locked showcase does have a Gift Machine inside. So, I doubt those are the limited rewards you had gotten.

In any case, GlassWalls did post that the 5 limited time rewards will be available after the showcase room opens up on the 28th.

17. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I think Recca has figured it out. I think he's right.

18. starl_19

starl_19 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I keep freezing at the new Lockwood place. Is it just my play station or has this happened to anyone else?

19. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Happens to me all the time. It can happen anywhere in Home, especially if a space is experiencing "high traffic". It's not your PS3....its just Sony's steadfast refusal to do anything to improve their Home server capacity and stability.

20. starl_19

starl_19 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Ahh. Glad to know it's not my ps3. I used to freeze all the time and then I suddenly stopped. But I've had a lot of trouble lately. Glad to know I'm not alone though! I hope they fix this, if they have the intention too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted