Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US U.S. Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. OerbaVanilleXIII

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Fortunately, I don't have the rewards error. I think there was just a problem with my internet connection. My boyfriend fixed it today. What would I do without him? :shades_smile:

I guess I was very lucky. Hope they will release another code soon!

2. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    It's the weekend. No one on staff is there that cares.... Heck, they are still probably in LA partying after E3.

3. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wow, D-Nitrate. A blast from the past. D'oh, You may have been one of the many "old" friends I deleted to make room for new friends. . . nah, I doubt that. Don't be a stranger. Now shaddap ! :shutup:

4. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Awesome rewards from Magic the Gathering game (free for PS+ right now). There are 5 of these total--other 3 will be more difficult for me to earn. Thx to Dan for telling me about these.

U.S. Home Discussion Thread, HOPPER_34, Jun 13, 2011, 3:50 AM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, PlayStation®Home Picture 6-12-2011 10-12-50.jpg

5. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    OH! What did you do to get them?!? They look awesome!

6. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Sorry about delay in replying FF. Those 2 are from winning 10 online games (which you can do with a friend--thx Lucygirl! :)) and completing the 8 'challenges'. This is a guide that will take you right through the exact steps to complete the challenges: GameFAQs: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers (PS3) Challenge Guide by JagDogger2525. That took me maybe 20 minutes.

I won the Hydra one last night (best one yet!) also, by using 2 controllers and completing only the FIRST co-op campaign level. The other 2 statues would come from completing the single player campaign (which I dont think I will ever do) and completing the co-op campaign (probably out of reach for me as well).

This is a game unlike anything I have ever played so it was a bit difficult to get used to, but with a little time and attention on the basics it can be understood enough to earn these. If I can understand it, anyone can! lol

Btw, you have to enter the Magic space in Home to get these rewards after earning them in-game. :arabia:

You will also earn several trophies in the process as you can see the last 6 on my trophy card below. Its an all-around win-win-win....free game, Home rewards, and some cool looking trophies! I got the game free after getting the free PS+ membership in EU and have played it on both NA and EU accounts (only have the one statue for completing the challenges in EU so far though).

7. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Hopper, I have this game too. I'm not big into card games, but I wouldn't mind getting the rewards. Maybe we can play together once the bug is fixed on Home? Let me know.

8. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Well.....so much for relaxing and enjoying the sunset! lol

This is the other statue that I didnt have pictured in earlier post. This is the one for completing just the FIRST co-op campaign level. The red dragon is very cool too, but that requires completing the entire co-op campaign (thats gonna be a stretch for me I'm afraid).

U.S. Home Discussion Thread, HOPPER_34, Jun 13, 2011, 10:46 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, PlayStation®Home Picture 6-13-2011 5-34-54.jpg
    U.S. Home Discussion Thread, HOPPER_34, Jun 13, 2011, 10:46 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, PlayStation®Home Picture 6-13-2011 5-35-45.jpg

9. Digital-Nitrate

Digital-Nitrate Jetsetter Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hey there stranger, sorry I've been so busy these past few months I haven't been very active in Home. Thanks to the PSN outage though I've been trying to participate a little more now that it's back up, so I hope to be more active in the future.

Nice to see another friendly face from the 'ole Home jetsetter days. I might be able to play with you as well if you like. I downloaded the game, but have not had the chance to play around with it yet.

10. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I tried that game for about 3 minutes and no idea what the hell was going on.

11. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Well Liza, I think I can tell you why you didnt know what the hell was going on in the game........you only tried it for 3 minutes! :eh: Must have patience and perseverence grasshoppa lol This game takes some getting used to for sure and if you dont have a little time to put into it, then I wouldnt bother. I never thought I'd be saying this when I started the game, but it really is creative, interesting and addicting.

Heres a tip that might help: Eliminate your opponent's cards with better cards lol

12. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    That's sort of the point. I didn't know what any of the cards meant. And I was playing in tutorial mode! I had 5 green cards with trees on them and two with some lame quasi-Harry Potter nonsense.

I can proudly say that my nerd quotient may not be high enough for this game.

13. crow6828

crow6828 i'm not crazy really

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    the game is a little tricky to get use to at the start but one you get the hang of it you can fly through it lol :). but i think i am not going to get the home rewards from it cause i have 2 trophies left without buying the add on and have not gotten anything in home :(.

14. iPLAYtheHOME

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hello! Thanks to HOPPER 34 for letting us know about this challenge while the game was free! I have never played MAGIC and did not especially enjoy it but.....
    RAWR!
    U.S. Home Discussion Thread, iPLAYtheHOME, Jun 16, 2011, 6:40 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 2e5krau.jpg

15. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    As Kimi has so kindly pointed out, the Heavy water Pin ups are currently reduced to a price of... wait for it... $1.99 each

16. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Wow--my point is that you're not going to understand anything about the cards in 3 minutes. So I have a high "nerd quotient" because I had patience and learned how to play this game enough to get the Home rewards? Free game + Home rewards= hell yeah! :pokey:

U.S. Home Discussion Thread, HOPPER_34, Jun 16, 2011, 7:09 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, celebrity-pictures-cusack-hall-rule-world.jpg

17. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Well, I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but if you completed any of the requirements to earn a Home reward you have to go to the Magic space in Home to get them. They will pop up when you get in there. There are no add-ons required for the Home rewards and you will not see that you have earned a reward in the game itself. 5 requirements:

complete first campaign mode level-sphinx statue
    complete entire campaign mode-serra angel statue
    complete co-op campaign--red dragon statue
    win 10 online games--ogre statue
    complete the challenges mode--hydra statue

18. crow6828

crow6828 i'm not crazy really

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    ok so that is why i have not gotten any of the rewards yet, i have not been to the magic space in home lol :). thanks hop for that info, all have to do now is finish the co-op trophy and the 100% trophy and i will be done with it lol.

19. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    No prob. I only have the co-op one left to do as well....cant get past #8!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted