Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Those fish gold stuff is for people who entered a contest of putting in text to what Toro or any character would say, just to make a joke or something cool. Of course, it has to be in japanese, so there's no understanding of it. :p

The winner gets a gold fish trophy in-game, and the fish frame is something used when taking pictures outside of your garden as a picture theme.

And, having a log is a bit difficult - I mean, I gotta re-read almost 100 issues, and it's all Japanese. :p

2. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    and I still pass out during episodes! :disgust: when I get to that gold toro campaign I'll make a note of it. that is something I wish I got first, I'm really having fun with the decorating! did you see the pic of the expanded back yard someone did? wonder how they did that? with both golden maneki statues there's a lot of points extra per episode huh?:smile:

3. Tarazuma

Tarazuma Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    There are some new figures/statues in the store today, does anyone know how large they are? Look like super heroines. Kinda neat, but only if they are human-sized statues and not deceptively tiny figures.

4. PandaKneesocks

PandaKneesocks Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    They are the size of what would be a regular otaku figurine to fit on your dresser.:blushing:

5. Tarazuma

Tarazuma Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Dresser? So they are tiny? Wow...and they are like 300 yen...jeez. Is it just me or is JP home becoming evil in terms of price gouging? First Granzella sticking with the 400 yen kimonos, then Japanese Midway (pekavox), then tiny figures for that price...

6. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    it onlt two hundrend and 50 yen real figure cost 115.00 so it not that bad

7. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I think both way is bad...A) a virtual item sells at that price and being small and can't own it in real life which is a bummer, B) in real life you have to buy it at $115 which is a bummer too, unless you are a hardcore figure collector which you are willing to shout out the money for it is another story. :p I just wish it would be 2,50 Yen and in avatar life size then it would be worth it! :D

8. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    had to buy it thou i have real things too :D love brs will buy the outfit next week cant wait :D

9. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yep, I love the figure too, but if is like Sodium Vickie size at 2,50 Yen, am down for it!

10. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Here's a pic that someone else posted that compared the size of the figures. (couldn't give original link, since owner uploaded at a site where it deletes the pics in a day or 2)
    Japan Home Discussion Thread, faga4567, Aug 25, 2011, 4:55 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 3097.jpg

11. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    The price for the kimonos is the same with Irem. No comment with peakvox since the place is still incomplete. I don't think there is any price gouging, since most of the stuff is around the same tier. It's just that Japan's price is on the higher side compared to others.

12. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    I agree with Faga and why is only ok for north american to price gouged It matter of opinion i think japan items are worth it way better then most of north american items

13. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I would have to agree. The lowest they come up with is 50 yen - 50 cents, and mostly almost every item is 100 yen - $1.00.

14. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    This weeks SCEJ Home stores update in full.
    25th August 2011

A total of 26 new items, with two of them free.

15. Tarazuma

Tarazuma Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thanks for the pic of the figure Faga...that item is way too small to warrant 250 yen IMO haha. The Kasa Obake is way bigger, and free*XD

I always thought Irem kimono's were too overpriced, so I was hoping Granzella would change that, but they didn't. I can see 400 yen for special ones like the glowing fireworks, but even the solid color kimonos were 400, so I never bought any in Japan (I only did in US since I had way more in my PSN wallet)

*Actually, now that I think about it more, the Granzella kimonos will actually serve a purpose in the upcoming game so it technically warrants the exorbitant price a bit more.*

And yes, JP items are, for the most part, worth it WAY more then NA, I just hate seeing JP go down the road of NA with tiny, overpriced items, and another Midway/Scribble Shooter hybrid (in terms of pricing) :(*

I mean honestly, 300 yen for 30 tickets? WTF? Plus you have to buy the cabinet AND tickets to play the full version of Abduct Earth? Pekavox is just plain evil...(however, if the rewards are good enough, I will end up doing it -_-)

16. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    I don't recall anything cheap in Japan. It never was and it probably never will. In reality it is much more expensive to live in Japan. Probably at least 2 to 10 times the living cost compared to the US. Games average 7000 to 9000 yen.

You don't need to buy the cabinet or tickets. You do get a free ticket each day, so if you can clear the game with that, then you don't need to buy anything. The cabinet is there to practice and enjoy it at your personal space. It's an option. Not a requirement.

17. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    does anyone know if the Zettai Zetsumei Toshi kimono from Irem is still available or if it was an event exclusive? I see people wearing them and I'm sooooooooo jealous! I love that series, good thing Granzella is going to bring it back.:)

18. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Was there a zettai zetsumei toshi kimono? I know there was a shirt, but can't recall on the kimono.

Granzella wishes to bring a game with a disaster topic out somehow, but there is no plans as of right now.
    And most probably they can't bring the "Zettai Zetsumei Toshi" brand anymore.
    (Negotiation with Irem is probably giving them a headache, and Head Kujo tweeted very weakly)
    The only thing they could bring right now is something similar, but a completely different series.

19. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    white and green kimno you mean from play veiw in ps store

20. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Wait, what game is this? I remember a game that had some shirt rewards, is this that game?

I remember wanting to buy whatever that game is called but never got around to doing so, I'm guessing Im too late. :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted