Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    That's the one lol. Thanks faga ;D

2. Diamond_Dust

Diamond_Dust ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞ Innocent ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Nevermind, turns out mine were just the regular sharks that stay on the floor, they had a gold trim. :p One was from the middle machine and the other the left machine.

3. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I've used at least 5000 (not even including points earned from the repeats) since reaching my 23rd reward and still don't have that last one.... seems very rare indeed.

4. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Still not having any luck with the last 4 fish for the book. Anyone managed to figure out a pattern or strategy yet?

I got lucky with the whale shark reward, got it straight after reward no.23.

5. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    oh that sucks, but at least you got it!!!

6. Captain_Koolaid

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    #29 is a sneaky bastard.....

7. DCS

DCS Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Um 29? Hmmm, Odd i already have 3 of that one and completed that one... Very odd!

haven't found any of 9, 15, 25, 28...

AWW!

By: DCS

8. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    |ω・)っ Japan Home Discussion Thread, faga4567, Jul 31, 2011, 5:07 AM, YourPSHome.net, JPG, IMG_1337.JPG

Found no.9 and I was able to take a pic. It just disappeared 5 minutes after I went in. I still need to find this fish 2 more times.

Don't ask any questions since idk ε≡≡ヘ( ´Д`)ノ

9. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    There hand item rewards for sherly and ranka for making every event One gold stick for sherly and the other in ranka orange pet

10. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    And....you choose to tell us about this now....?

11. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Oh shoot... I was around, but used multiple accts

12. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Those are the paid hand items that changes during the event. Unless...oh, never mind. Don't want to go further on this subject.

13. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    Wow that would have kept many of up a lot more and would have been a super challenge for Joanna to stay awake! ::p:

And I think I got a pic of that rare Barracuda which was shown earlier! Curious can you shoot the same fish more than once if you see it? Will it count if it is a rare one towards the three necessary (if I understand it correctly). I really need to get in here and read more. I've been too addicted to the chat box.

And I'm happy because I got all 24 of the rewards without having to go crazy to do it.

Joanna

Japan Home Discussion Thread, Joanna, Jul 31, 2011, 2:15 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, Barracuda.jpg

14. PandaKneesocks

PandaKneesocks Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  15. Aiken_Drum

Aiken_Drum Fish Act Explosion

Ratings:
    +3 /2
    I just want to repeat what I tell everyone:

Learn katakana. Katakana is the phonetic alphabet for foreign loanwords, e.g. HOH-MU for Home. As I recall, there are 40-odd characters to learn. Not too bad, really. You'll be amazed by how many "Japanese" words you already know and can recognize just by sounding them out...

If you're willing to accept the occasional 'b' where a 'v' would be in English (bideo -> video), and if you're willing to try various permutations of 'r' and 'l' (e.g. riricaru? rilicaru? lilicalu? AH! lyrical!), if you can sound out words the way a British person might say them (editah -> editor) , and if you can handle a few other verbal approximations, then you can figure out a ton of words, especially in technical areas like menus. The Japanese do not seem to re-invent the wheel when it comes to language. They borrow and abbreviate, and they seem to borrow mostly from English in computer and game stuff.

Here are a few examples from a familiar menu, the パーソナル / Pahsonaru / Personal menu, with [] where a character you wouldn't recognize would be:

o アバター[]カスタマイズ / Abatah Kasutamaizu / Avatar Customize
    o プライベートラウンジ[]カスタマイズ / Puraibehto Raunji Kasutamaizu / Private Lounge Customize
    o ポータブルアイテム[][] / Pohtaburu Aitemu / Portable Items
    o [][][][] / ?!? / Okay, so you wouldn't get the fourth one.
    o ホームリーワードリスト / Hohmu Riwahdo Risuto / Home Reward List
    o マイプロフィール / Mai Purofihle / My Profile
    o [][]ラウンジ[][][][][][][][][] / Raunji / Lounge - well, if you'd used this before, you'd know it was the one you wanted because it mentions "lounge" (what we call a "space") and it doesn't mention customizing it.

Obviously, not everything is borrowed English. There's a lot of kanji (pictograms) and hiragana (phonetic alphabet for native words), but it's still pretty amazing how knowing 40-odd characters alone will expand your ability to navigate without help.

And, you know, if you find katakana easy to learn, then you could try hiragana, because I bet you'll recognize a lot of native words that you might have learned from games or TV/movies. Not all native words use Kanji, and even some that do, don't always. It might be enough of a hint to get you through a menu or game phase. It's really not that hard. It's just memorization.

There may be better resources by now, but these are the flashcards I used a few years ago when I learned the kana (both types). As it happens, they're made by the same person who wrote Rikaichan, an awesome Japanese dictionary plugin for Firefox. See here:

Hiragana and Katakana Flash Cards | polarcloud.com

(Note: Rikaichan is handy to have around when online, e.g. on a laptop, because it provides a handy lookup facility. You could also use one of many web sites, like Google Translate.)

Personally, after I felt the reward of learning the kana, I went on to learn some words, and then some kanji, and then some grammar/syntax, and then I ended up taking lessons (which I still do--I'm taking my time with it). I think learning Japanese is a lot of fun, actually. YMMV.

Still, even if you go no further at all, I say unto you: just learn the katakana if you want to hang out in JP spaces... the relative improvement over no knowledge is pretty significant.

16. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    I got pictures of rewards i know diffents between paid items and rewards So if anyone made all concerts they got these items

17. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    Cheers for that info [MENTION=969]Aiken_Drum[/MENTION], :thumbsup: its definitely something I will look into.

18. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Oh, please... don't make me go further with where you got your source. (I'm one of those that is against that action)
    I did explain this quite back, and they are definitely not rewards.
    Look at this page PlayStation®Home ƒIƒtƒBƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒTƒCƒg

19. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    What you Mean. "ISE" "Item Sever Exploit" Yeah so i can add rewards items what big deal. Sniff rewards in home and add the xml code to my account It called beta. Never touched a piad for items cant anyway there keep on different sever. Is sorry about benign confused about everyone could get it. If they watched every event

20. blue

blue Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hi all,
    I'm new to Japanese Home and though I'm liking the Aquarium, I have no understanding of Japanese, so haven't a clue about what comes up on screen concerning the game.
    Is there anyone that can post a translation?
    Many thanks in advance.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted