Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    LOL..I think its truly time to clean up my JPN account buddy list because I think half of the Japanese users I know and met they hardly on and they don't come to me..LOL..Don't worry, I only delete users that is at the very bottom of the buddy list.

2. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    I was also talking to Japanese visitors recently, they also confirmed that both the Japanese government and the credit card companies there have demanded strict guarantees that PSN will have security that is "hack proof" -- which IMHO is an impossibility that they are asking of Sony. Word on the street is that if Sony ever gets hacked again, they will be "done for" and "finished" in Japan.

Kat says that this demand on Sony seems especially hypocritical considering that hundreds of other companies, government branches, and subsiduaries of Visa and Mastercard themselves have been hacked in the last year. There is no way that anyone can guarantee that their assets and databases will be 100% hack proof. That's because the number of personnel on a company's IT security staff is always limited. The number of potential hackers working day and night out there is effectively limitless.

3. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    They could offer psn in japan as a psn card only service and forgo the credit card companies....

4. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    They may have to do it that way? Because, and I forgot to add this, those same users were saying that currently the PSN JP Store may return only in September... :boxed:

5. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    ....well, in that case, I have a nice little message for the Japanese government and those holding back the JP Store from going back online.... ;D

Japan Home Discussion Thread, KCChad, Jun 22, 2011, 7:00 AM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, funny_1471.jpg

6. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    Hello yes it true if sony get hacked again psn will not be back in japan. Aslo true that japan government and credit card companies waiting until sept to see if any thing screw up on sony side. In japan info benign leak is not appectable like other countries . This why japanese used diffent kinda credit cards then the other part of the world they want to be more protect having sever hacked when said hack proof is really not appectable for the japanese

7. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
  8. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
  9. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Ohmigawd..... You just made my day!!!!

10. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Someone tell BaronBrain! ^^ He'll be thrilled! ^^

11. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    If you haven't done it, I will when I hit my ps3 today. This will make everyone happy!

12. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Made an interesting discovery today while visiting the Aurora Island apartment. For one, I noticed the cannon game's text is now localized into Japanese, meaning Aurora should be making its way to Japan Home soon. ;D

And also, I received 2 new rewards upon entering the apartment, rewards that haven't made their way to NA or EU yet as far as I know. No idea if they're for having a certain level (currently level 58 in JP) or just entering. I got a look at the rewards using my EU account and got the translated names of both. One is a wall hanging, "Starfish Wall Art - A piece of art inspired by the Aurora Starfish" and the other a chair, "Sky Fishing Seat - The Sky Fishing seat found in Aurora".

13. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    They sound like some good rewards. I wonder if both JP and Asia will get the space it next week with the v1.1 update.

14. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Thx Chad--I got the Wall Art item (thx Dan) but didn't get the seat, so it must be level related (Im at 28 I think in JP).

15. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
  16. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I am not that in to Aurora yet, but is the "Aurora Starfish" one of the names of the enemies in the personal space? How about the "Sky Fishing Seat" I have never seen a chair in the space other than benches and couches? Could these be the hints for the new game coming after 1.1? Cause to me it sounds like a fishing game is coming, and that sounds good to me.

17. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Faga, I know this is a month's advance but, can you find out if we need to do something, or just watch the shows as normal at the Macross Live Concert for the Home rewards from that event? I'm trying to establish a rough translation via Systran/Google Wiki on what we need to do. I'm seeing if we need to do gestures and get an A rank, but not entirely sure if it's for the bandanas or something entirely different - in fact, I'm not sure.

Important note: I also am planning on leaving for Vegas on July 31st, so I'll probably need someone who'll help me "attend" the Live Concert if there's another final Home reward on the last day - like the Idolmaster SP event with the standee.

[MENTION=829]KCChad[/MENTION]: How did you get the Aurora apartment in Japan? The stores are closed off. :p And yes, HK seems like will be getting the Aurora space as well, since they released some fee Aurora items in the 100 Freebies.

18. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Not sure about the enemy names, but I haven't encountered any starfish like enemies in the cannon game, so these items could be hinting at things to come. Its a possibility they might add some sky fishing game soon, not sure.

19. KCChad

KCChad Trophy Junkie

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I don't own the apartment in JP, I have two PS3s and have been inviting my JP account over on one while in the apartment on my EU. For the longest time the game wasn't localized for my HK and JP accounts when I played but now I noticed they are, the game's text is now all in Japanese, plus these new rewards are a hint to its coming. In HK its a dead giveaway, having included the Time Booster bundle in their welcome back pack.

20. Baron_Brain

Baron_Brain Notorious Dis-Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +21 /1

You guess correctly Recca, I'm absolutely thrilled! (Many thanks to Art for making sure I saw this!)

I actually saw this posted up this morning at playstationhome.jp — along with the "Original Personal Space Provided Free of Charge" notification/offer (the only segment of Japan's "Welcome Home" program thus far announced). Er, you folks did see the free キュービックレジデンス (Cubic Residence) personal space notice, right? (
    http://playstationhome.jp/news/special/kansha-to-owabi.html)

Anyway, it's definitely great to see the Macross Frontier underway once again.

Now if only we'd could get Irem to reinstate their cancelled "April's Fool Event" (maybe a "Keep-Out-of-the-Heat-for-24-Hours Summer Fool Event"), then the Home world would be perfect. But… I doubt this will happen. For now, I suppose I should just be happy if Home is even still around next April…

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted