Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    New Black Rock Shooter video game trailer in Japan Theater. No reward, but very cool looking!

2. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Nothing major, but Granzella has posted some updates.

ãšã£ã“ã‘é©å‘½æˆ¦å£«ãŸã¡ã®å¥®é—˜æ—¥èªŒ | Granzella Homepage

Google –|–ó

June 13 (Mon) Kujo <report prepared Revolution>
    We report on the current progress.

1) PSHome Creating A lounge and related items (1 to be launched in two months)
    2) PSHome creating B Lounge and related items (two to three months will open)
    3) X and Y are preparing a new game title production (2 to 3 months to be announced)

Our Web site in one of these days, will continue to disseminate information more concrete.
    Also, please stay tuned, so we have also prepared an official Twitter Guranzera.
    (Everyone of you to follow the already
    Twitter is currently studying Sorry.
    I am sorry to have kept you waiting.
    Please wait for a while)
    More than hasten to report. ​

3. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    For those that have questions on Toro station free 30 days, wait till the PS Store comes back live(whenever that is). For those that already had a membership, it should have been added automatically when PSN came back live for Japan.

4. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Looks like they will have something akin to the Black Irem Brigade. :D

5. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Does anyone know when Japan will be opening up the PSN and Home stores and the redeem code options?

6. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    I was talking to someone from Japan who spoke some English in the E3 space about this. I dont know how accurate this is, but it makes sense because of some of what was reported about this awhile back. She stated that the Japan PS Store will be back if, and only if, they (the Japanese Gov't and/or Banks) see that very strict guidelines and criteria are met for ensuring that personal information and banking information will NEVER be compromised again. She said that if this sort of thing were to happen again, chances are that JP PSN (or at least the capacity to buy things on it), would never come back because they dont give second chances when it comes to breaches in trust. After all, Sony DID admit that some information was not encrypted (when it should have been) and obviously other protective measures werent in place either.

Maybe someone here can speak more to this, but I get the idea that Sony is under the gun in Japan to put some very thorough measures in place to avoid allowing their information to be stolen again.....and that could take some time. This begs the question for me though--why did other regions allow the stores back up? Is there just a difference in standards for this sort of issue or are the other regions just being careless, going through the motions and hoping for the best in their endless pursuit of the almighty dollar?

The other possibility that comes to mind for me is that they are still dealing with re-building and putting their country and lives back together after an epic natural disaster, so maybe its understandably, just not very important to them right now.

7. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I'm hearing that Sony was not quick and forthcoming with information the Japan Government was seeking. Sony seems to want to cover it's behind. And dragged it's feet some.

I'm not sure about Japan, but in Korea I hear it's a crime to declare bankrupcy. If you can't pay your debts, you go to jail. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan is like that too. So declaring a huge OOPS with so many people's credit card, might get someone into jail over there.

8. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Although technology in Japan is great, the government on the other hand are a bunch of losers that don't really know how to run a country. They only think about themselves and how to earn their pocket money. They were the one that caused the nuclear problems that they are facing right now. The plant was supposed to retire, but they somehow forced another 10 years to run it. Any voices that are an disadvantage to them, they either eliminate or sabotage it. (ex. A university associate professor cautioned about the nuclear plant, but was stripped from his position later on and blacklisted) And the outcome? It's still out of control and they're still desperately trying everything they could to prevent a total meltdown. There were also illegal money going forth and back between the electric company and government for decades. Right now, the government is doing nothing about it and letting the electric company on it's own to solve it's problem. They even haven't come up with any plans to rebuild Japan. The are trying so hard to save their seats and it's party's ass from losing control of the government (Democratic party took control from 2009, but every idea they come up with has been a total failure)

Currently what the problem Sony is facing is that the credit card companies requested (or paid) the Japanese Government to make Sony to insure them if stolen credit cards is used. The government is in dept and needs money and I believe they are trying to use this to extort Sony.

9. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Wow...so, I'm taking it Japan PSN will still be under the gun of the government and security for a certain time? It's almost a shame but then again it was Sony's fault for a non-tight security basis to begin with. I'm certain a lot of Japanese gamers who come to Home or PSN constantly to buy stuff are very angry at this, and I'm sure there's been talk about getting it back.

Looks like we may have a few months without Japan PSN until this whole situation is aborted for good and everything will be back to normal. I'm still waiting for a chance to buy more stuff from JP Home and from their criteria of Welcome Back stuff for free. they still haven't released it yet, and it's driving people nuts over there. :p

10. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Really interesting insight faga. Sounds like a corrupt Government there...similar, but maybe even worse (if thats possible), to another Government that I know about somewhere. lol

11. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Totalitarian? No. IDK? I'm just thinking (NOT). Anyway, when/if the JP Store comes back, those of us with the 300 Yen crown and those that plan to buy it need to set up a weekly or twice weekly meeting to play for the Chibis/companions (may need it's own thread?). I'm ready, but think we should try to wait for the few that said they also want to join in this mini-game. Also, we need to try and figure out if there is still a schedule as to when they switch the companion rewards for LiL' Happy, Smile and ? (oh crap, I to tired to think). :p

12. Firefly

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Oh that's an idea. I'm missing two capcom Chibi companions too. Is anyone else? Maybe we can find 5 of us. I know Obi is missing hers. But she's harder to catch online. She tends to run kinda late for east coasters.

13. DanMW

DanMW Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I have the crown, I can join you guys if you need 1 more player.

14. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I miss not having the time I use to have to post, surf for Home news and explore Home, but I'm happy to be gainfully employed at this time. :eek: FF, you need to start a separate thread and maybe make it twice a week. Maybe one should be Sunday afternoon so that our friends from all time zones can participate and/or help. We can begin to gather info and try some practice runs hoping the JP Store is back online shortly for those that need to buy the crown. Maybe include the answers to the questions that have been posted in other threads. :)

I just noticed that many Japanese are missing the EA Poker Lounge and also their sisters? ;D
    "I have now is a lounge, if not the EA Lounge Poker Lounge!!!
    I was over there was a poker game lounge,
    I somehow lost sister and I were regulars w is so boring now
    Could you rebuild Britain's Poker Lounge by the power of light somehow?> <
    I hope!!!!!!!!!"
    PlayStation®Home ƒIƒtƒBƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒTƒCƒg

15. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I just visited Karen's Novus Prime personal space briefly from JP. I don't believe JP has Novus Prime, not entirely sure? The game in her personal space allowed me to play. I didn't play long enough to know, but is it possible to acquire these rewards (if any) by scoring points/levels in this manner? If it is and people would like to try, I could be talked into purchasing the space in order to host a reward party for friends from cross-regions. I got a job now. :p That means I can waste a little money but don't have the free time I once had. :wacko: Double edged sword. :wow:

16. maxbrat

maxbrat Love Weasel
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    Does anyone have the THX robot? A friend of mine and I would love to get it and need to find someone to help us. It would be much appreciated. My japan account is maximusbratticus please add me if you can help. Thanks ^.^

17. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yep, I do have the THX bot and if you need me, I will delete a user or two from my JPN account and have you invited over to receive the item. I won't be online after 6:30pm EST tonight after work.

18. maxbrat

maxbrat Love Weasel
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    That would be totally awesome!!! Thank you so much! It will be me and my friend maximusluchian.

19. Art_of_Ronin

Art_of_Ronin Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Oki doke. Let me jot down both of your ID and once again I won't be home after work from 6:30pm EST and on. Once I add you both and hope we can catch up in JPN HOME for you two to receive the THX bot. ^^

20. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    oh great....now you're going to delete me in JP aren't you Art? LOL Kidding aside, thats nice of you to help out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted