Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    LOOOL! There was no new content this week in JP, but the kappa head IS new! :laughing:

2. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Looks like everyone's taking a long break from Christmas and New Years, though I'm thinking they're planning on a dragon costume for the Zodiac series clothing line. Perhaps sometime next update we'll get to see what it is...

3. shizzoshizzo

shizzoshizzo Baguette Master

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hi everyone!
    Does anyone know if you can get rewards from Japanese arcade games with an EU/US or Asian account? I have an EU friend who would like to buy a Granzella arcade as well as the 6 peakvox arcade games but he wants to know if the rewards are region-locked and if guests can win rewards too.
    Thank you ;)

4. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I've heard that they cannot be unlocked in other regions, but perhaps in HK. It's not confirmed, but you can try it on other accounts and see what item unlocks what. I personally have not yet played them in other regions either. We do have a clubhouse that houses the Peakvox games, and those have rewards. The Granzella game does not, but it's for fun as well as practice for the Town's arcade game.

5. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    The Granzella one doesn't have any rewards for JPN accounts, so I don't think other regional will get anything from it also.

For peakvox, from what I heard, there are no rewards for US/EU accounts from all of the arcade games. I don't know about Asian accounts.

6. the_fps

the_fps Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    And how would one join this club?

7. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    They work in asia i see people with peakox items in hk ^_^

8. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    After digging further the Japanese forums, I did find reports that you can get them with Asian accounts. But, it only unlocks some of the rewards, not all of them.

9. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    A couple points about the fishing game...

First of all, the best strategy for actually catching the bigger creatures is to buy the bait unfortunately. I don't usually buy the upgrades for a lot of games but my Japan account had some stale yen sitting there so I opened up the wallet. I've been fishing with an upgraded rod, lure and bait. You catch a creature pretty much every time without any 1 point rubbish from the bottom of the pond.

The second point may have been mentioned here already but I obviously missed it if it's here. At any rate, it's worth repeating because I learned a little lesson the hard way. (I really should learn more Japanese.) After catching several creatures, a menu popped up on the screen with a list of the catches. Not knowing what the list meant, I hit X and moved on. After thinking about it for a while, I suspected that I may have made a mistake. A trip back to the dojo confirmed my fear. The menu was telling me that my dojo was full with 8 creatures and I needed to replace one. Unfortunately, I chose to delete one of the ones that looks like a lion...an XXL, 11 kg one. He was the best catch in my dojo at the time and now I have to hope for another. Proceed with caution on that menu!

10. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Unfortunately, going against my better judgement, I bought an upgraded rod with my last 300 yen thinking that it might at least help a little even without the bait. It allowed me to catch an 2 XXL green things that I probably wouldn't have been able to get with the bamboo rod, but other than that, mainly 1 pointers with a few other S and M ones after about 100 casts or more. No blue, no gold, no aliens and 1 dragon (that I couldn't bring in in time). So much for that idea! :vb_banghead:

I'm really frustrated that I wasted more money...and now the only way out is to spend even more (if and when I get more) on bait that is limited use. I knew thats what I didn't like about this game from the start and here I am kicking myself again for being so damn stupid.

I did have a dragon hooked at one point and it must have been a larger one because I couldn't even get it inside the outer the ring most of the time and when I used a stun it only last for a second. I used all 3 stuns with my handy new rod and still wasn't able to bring it in before time ran out. So now the rod that I did get doesn't even work when I do happen to get something other than a 1 pointer.

Sorry to moan, but I'm aggravated and want to let anyone else know to not waste their time and money on buying only an upgraded rod....be prepared to drop about 600-800 yen to make the game temporarily worthwhile.

11. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I can offer a few more tips regarding the bait and creatures. I believe that you can catch any of them with any combination of rod and bait (the XXL lion that I accidentally deleted from my dojo was caught with the free bait, if I recall correctly) but these seemed to be the most consistent patterns...and don't laugh at my descriptions because I'm not sure what everything is called. :blink:

Flower bait (40/100 yen) - mostly green (male) and pink (female) kappas, some gold ones - M, L and some XL

Green cucumbers (30/100 yen) - lions, more gold kappas, larger green and pink ones

Pink peaches? (20/100 yen) - green dragons, larger kappas overall

Black eggplants (15/100 yen) - silver aliens, variety of everything else

The aliens and larger creatures in general are the toughest to reel in. The shocks don't affect the dragons, lions and aliens for nearly as long as the kappas. As such, the reels with only 2 shocks but a larger red zone are likely better for catching them.

The best part about using the purchased bait is that the creatures actually stay on the hook every time more or less, unlike the free bait that loses them most of the time.

12. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    One more thing...

At one point, I received a message on the screen with the number 100 in it. I guessing it was indicating my 100th catch. I believe that the alien icon above my avatar's head may have changed from bronze to silver at that time.

13. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    "The aliens and larger creatures in general are the toughest to reel in. The shocks don't affect the dragons, lions and aliens for nearly as long as the kappas. As such, the reels with only 2 shocks but a larger red zone are likely better for catching them."

Well, it sounds like I bought the wrong rod then too. This is just getting better for me....

So, about $20 US and you can actually enjoy the game (temporarily at least). F*$@ these Home scam artists! That's a joke--I'd rather buy 4 new Zen pinball tables that I can at least play whenever and for however long I want.

Thx for info anyways Liza

14. shizzoshizzo

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Alright that was predictable for EU and US unfortunately. Thanks for your answers Recca, you made my friend save like 1600 yens xD By the way, does the Town's arcade game have rewards?

15. shizzoshizzo

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thank you for this information faga ;) These rewards seem to be distributed randomly, so I hope people won't miss one of these amazing tiny cars and DNA earrings rewards ^^

16. MsLiZaChan

MsLiZaChan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 /0
    I wouldn't worry about the rod actually. With purchased bait, you should be able to catch them almost all the time anyway, regardless of the rod. It sounds like I have the same rod as you and haven't had much trouble. I was only speculating the other one may yield a slight advantage sometimes. I could be wrong and the 3rd shock may be the better option.

It seems that it will cost some money if anyone is hoping to win all the rewards though. So far, I've spent 900 yen on the rod (300), lure (200) and each type of bait (4 x 100). After using up the bait, my point total is about 4000, barely enough to get started on the rewards. Either I'm lousy at virtual fishing or this could be an expensive game to complete. Most of the rewards have not even been revealed yet. Who knows how many points some of them will end up costing?

I probably wouldn't have bothered buying the upgrades but those yen have been sitting in my account wallet for almost a year and I haven't had much incentive to buy a whole lot over there.

17. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Best bait I use nowadays for quick and big points are the eggplants and peaches, and using the spiked rod for better chance at capturing the fish with my wider circle. Having the upgraded lure makes you see where the fish are after capturing it, so you can lure it into the middle circle.

18. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    I spent about 1500 yen on this game so far have all rewards but new gold head and lanterns :)

19. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    I wouldn't worry about the rod actually. With purchased bait, you should be able to catch them almost all the time anyway, regardless of the rod. It sounds like I have the same rod as you and haven't had much trouble. I was only speculating the other one may yield a slight advantage sometimes. I could be wrong and the 3rd shock may be the better option._

It seems that it will cost some money if anyone is hoping to win all the rewards though. So far, I've spent 900 yen on the rod (300), lure (200) and each type of bait (4 x 100). After using up the bait, my point total is about 4000, barely enough to get started on the rewards. Either I'm lousy at virtual fishing or this could be an expensive game to complete. Most of the rewards have not even been revealed yet. Who knows how many points some of them will end up costing?

I probably wouldn't have bothered buying the upgrades but those yen have been sitting in my account wallet for almost a year and I haven't had much incentive to buy a whole lot over there.[/QUOTE] play fossil digging that makes this like dead cheap, but i wouldnt play anything that has a cost similar to a real game, gaw is linked to greedzella though by a teleport so perhaps theres a connection, what people have got to ask themselves is would you buy a full price fishing game or a game based on fossil digging for your ps3. If enough people would perhaps we ought to get onto a big game developer and voice our need as ps3 owners to have such games, so home developers dont develop over priced games that would be overshadowed by full ps3 versions of the same activity

20. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    The Spiked rod has been better for catching aliens for me but the other rod is what I use most of the time, I'm not using the eggplant and peach so much just to try for the kappa and dog record sizes. Will Co. might be partnering with Granzella to get their lounge in Home, VEEMEE has been partnering with the smaller Dev's to get their item to the US so it may just be a new business model.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted