Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    No hopper. I had long before expended my 5 point trial extras. I caught NOT an alien, but a little green guy (was a record catch)(but was then awarded an alien beacon, although I never caught an alien?). Plus, I also caught the lion/dog thing, both with the basic cane pole/rod and a green worm. Now have caught more little guys. No more in my Dojo though, only the two. :wacko:

2. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    Does anyone have anything besides the little colored monsters in their Dojo? like the snails, demon dog or sea urchins? I wonder if I jumped on the good bait to quickly to unlock them at all. :boxed:

3. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Yes, haven't really gotten a grasp on the "Monster Fishing" game yet. I'm scared I'd be using the wrong bait and all.

Some questions that kind of urgently need answered:

-If playing with nothing but the free bamboo pole, is it possible to run out of the free bait? And get stuck...

-Are we supposed to get the catch's HP down to zero before hitting X to pull up the line from the center red circle? What happens when it's a couple seconds past zero? Because I keep losing the catch AND the bait when I pull up while the HP is still red.

-At what point does one get the dojo personal space? (Just in case I do run out, I'd like to have an idea of how to stagger my remaining bait)

Thanks... I'm going to go get a photo of the girl's questions too... Help...

4. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Unless there's already a direct link to the JP wiki on the Monster Fishing space, someone
    please translate the girl's question, and her menu selections for the fishing game?

Japan Home Discussion Thread, Jan 8, 2011, 5:55 PM, YourPSHome.net, 1455

Thanks!

5. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Ok thx kane. I have yet to see an alien but I will just have to keep trying and be patient. I sure do catch a lot of turtles and hats! I was frustrated yesterday, but as I've spent more time in the space, it is relaxing (especiallly in certain spots) and very well designed.

I keep getting something on the line--get the meter for the catch all the way down but my timer isn't out yet so he jumps around all over the place until I get back to middle and pull in...and then its like a tiny roasted turkey, turtle shells in various colors or hats in various colors...all for 1 pt. I'm missing something here about the timing of bringing in a catch, what the flashing stun meter means, what the shaking of the screen means and what that guy is groaning about.

6. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Questions: what does the 5 point tickets do, and when you unlocked the cucumber with flower reward, where is it? It seems I can't find them anywhere in my inventory even though the reward list says I've unlocked it. :p

I went fishing and caught a XXL male kappa, and used the other special on catching a gold kappa, the lion/dog, and an alien! My trophy also turned gold, and I gained lots of points. I got tired after a few long rounds, and decided to buy the shirts with my points and save the rest for later. I wonder how do you go about unlocking the other stuff from the rewards list?

And the top picture? I found out today:

First option: Rewards list/shop
    Second option: Your stats
    Third option: How to play
    Fourth option: The basics of the in-game
    Fifth option: Quit

7. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Thanks Recca. I got the apartment after looking at the girl's menu and saw that the dojo is awarded for 20 points. Duh.
    The girl gave me the "Zucchini Flower" reward at the same time. It showed up in my Rewards List but it's shown in the actual game as Zucchini Flower Bait x 3. So if you're not seeing it now, Recca, does that mean three zucchini bait is only awarded once and that's it. Oh-oh. :eek:mg:

I'm sharing Hopper's frustration with getting a lot of 1 pt star caps, turtle shells, and dog poop dupes. At least I think it's dog flop because it can't be a cow patty. I hear the little dog barking before I pull up one of those.

Presumably to get the Alien and the Lion/dog, we have to use the extra baits and the additional special poles? But I don't want to go there until I actually know how to fish first. I don't even know what the "Circle" button is supposed to do to the creature's HP.

8. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Ah, okay, so it's just an in-game reward for that space. No wonder...probably those tickets are too. I used that zucchini flower bait and gotten a gold kappa at the waterfall. Nice trade.

The way it works is simple:

Cast and watch your bait until it completely disappears into the water and hit X when you do. After it says "Fish On!", you'll enter a circle playing field. Just hold the lure piece (buying it is a good idea to see where the lure easily) in the center circle as best you can using your left analog controller. Larger ones will tend to get tricky. What your aim is is to drain the "fish" life bar down to nothing and hit X to catch it.

You'll also get a stun option, so whenever the background person goes, "Yooo...", it means it's ready. You can hit square at any time to stun the "fish" and move it to the center circle. Stuns vary on the "fish", so be careful.

Using either the spiked clubbed pole or the other special pole has two abilities: the first one has only two stuns and has a bigger radius in the center, and the other one has 3 stuns and a smaller circle area. You can play around with both to see which ones you like best.

Oh, and a completely different story: I gotten some great rewards at the fossil site today! Not only did I get just new fossils, I hit upon unearthing a T-Rex skull and something that look like dino arms, probably the T-Rex's. So far the count was up to 52, so I do believe the full count is now at 100! Hopefully, when the museum space arrives, it'll automatically displays all the stuff you've collected. Thanks Tarazuma for the help. ^^

9. stevev363

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    Anybody have anything besides the Kuppa's in their Dojo? like the little Shishi dog or a snail even? :confused1:

10. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
  11. stevev363

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    LOL! Got it, and all the goodies in the rewards area! LOL! I thought I unlocked a new companion but it was just an 80lb Kappa for the Dojo. I got too tired to keep going but I have one space left in the Dojo for a monster. Very happy with this game!
    Thanks Faga!:thumbsup:

12. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    How do you unlock the stuff in the rewards list? I kept fishing a lot, but it seems I cannot unlock anything. Do I need to buy something from there to unlock others?

13. stevev363

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    Nothing is unlocking yet, maybe when all the monster slots are filled in the dojo something will unlock. All I see is tube chair right now.

14. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I noticed that I added in a new shisa dog in the dojo when I captured an XL one today. I remember getting an alien yesterday, but I guess I need to get a bigger one for it to unlock.

I'm loving this game more than Aurora's Sky Fishing.

15. stevev363

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    Sky fishing?!?! That's a horrible game, it's so bad it sucks AND blows at the same time! I got several record super huge Shisa dogs but none in my Dojo, or any aliens either. Just male and female Kappa and the last 2 stalls near the door are empty. I've gotten $15 in upgrades already and have bunches of big Kappa but still no more items unlocked on the reward page. I saw a little green dragon today but did not catch it, it was out by the single chair you take the lilly pads to get to from the 2 person covered vat. There's obviously different creatures in different areas.

16. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I was discussing that with Sam - the rewards store from the space. I haven't seen anything added either.

I'm betting that they're gonna add more to it either next update, or it's time-released, or there's specific conditions to add in newer rewards onto the list.

I really can't say for certain yet. :/

17. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    There has been no reports from the Japanese community that have unlocked it, so it must be unlocked at a later time/update or some condition that's not easy to figure out.

18. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I'm fairly certain there might be companions for the alien, shisa, and gold kappa later on, though i bet that it'll probably be expensive in fishing points.

19. stevev363

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    I can't get on Toro weekly at all, I'm stuck in the loading screen with the wheel spinning in the bottom right corner. Anyone having the same problem?

20. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Nope. Just quit and reload the game again.

Oh, and I found a new reward from the Hammer Virus game. Just score yourself between 140K-150K, and you'll get yourself a combination hand item of the net and hammer.

Japan Home Discussion Thread, ReccaWolf, Dec 10, 2011, 11:43 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, 2h4b49z.jpg

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted