Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP Japan Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 8, 2011.

1. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Are you talking about the new fishing game? Or how granzella is heading?

The way the new fishing game is either you play it free or pay, you can get everything, just time consuming for those that don't pay.

For Granzella, their going the other route. It kind of forces you to pay to complete their games.

2. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Well Granzella is for sure part of it. This fishing game just got me to thinking about it more today as I noticed they are selling certain baits in quantities. I just hate to see it thats all.....but it is the direction they want to take Home in and like I said, I guess developers have to make money somehow.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I wish they would at least allow for an unlimited use option on upgrades, tickets, etc. (and in a lot of other games that came before Granzella and this fishing game) rather than expecting people to buy more when they run out. Most of these these games aren't really too exciting without buying upgrades, additional tickets, etc. I know its just a creative way to make more money, but at a point its just nickel and diming.

Sorry for the rant--just my opinions. I do like Home in general and am fascinated by the technology and entertainment value....and have certainly met a lot of great and kind people.

3. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    it only money and what kinda future you going to have with a few thousand. Only spent 4,000 on home Spent more then that on Anime figures or taxes a year xD

4. Ria LUCK

Ria LUCK Part Time Crazy/ Wise ;)

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    4000 $ worths SR 15000 here which means it can help a poor family to get a used car that will help them up with life here ... yah, it seems not much to u but it can changes someones life to better ..I too spend at home but i try not to go crazy and buy everything. cuz i feel the guilt of spending all for fun.
    i like the items that help others in home like the T. shirts and hoodies for breast cancer ... i wish we can see more items like that.

5. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Obviously we have different approaches to personal finance matters--its a generational thing. I don't really see the need to continuously advertise what you spend on something like Home (or anything for that matter), but hey.....whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, back on topic--I didn't purchase any upgrades for the fishing game and don't have anything I have caught showing up in the personal space. Plenty of room there to put out other stuff that I've collected though.

6. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Pachipara is still with Irem and won't be moved out, right? I still need to buy those 3 games and add-ons at least.

7. jk-44

jk-44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    Add Content

Attached Files:

8. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I tried "free" monster fishing again and on my last cast (piece of free bait) I caught a little green guy. Now I have 3 icons over my head instead of 2. The newer one is a little round smiley like face. I thought that I was destined to only get 1 point per catch at this point. It's still tempting me to get yen. ::p: Has a new thread for this space been started yet? :wacko:

:wow: I got my second little alien type guy in my Dojo Apt now. :eek: All free. ::p:
    Plus, I reached my item limit (100) before I had either guy so they can get lost?

Edit: Oooh. I just caught a lion/dog/cat thing. :eek: With free bait. ::p:

9. jk-44

jk-44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 /0
    Look who's making a appearance in Wkc2 !! So funny to see Kuro turning into a knight, crying " Furto" :D. We also now can bind toro and Kuro backpacks :D.

10. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    If you go to the corner area where a square pool is, there is a "sit" prompt in the corner allowing you to get to other siide of the wall and walk out across the lily pads and onto the islands in the water. :eek:.

Edit: Nevermind. ::p: You can actually do this in a couple places there. :wacko:

11. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I was very lucky today in the fossil game. I decided to go buy the 10 GZ tickets for 100 yen and used one for the new fossil area. The fossil rocks I've gotten were one small and five medium.

I went to the fossil noob guy under the stairs and he gave me 4 new fossils out of 6! No mammoth bones yet, but I will keep trying. So far, the count is now up to 44/50, but I know the remaining mammoth bones and one more fossil would make it complete.

However, I think I've read a post that the count will be raised to 100 this update? I don't know. I really think it's just 50 fossils. Am I correct? And, can you go to the new fossil area more than waiting for one day then?

I still need to buy the other stuff in the fishing game and try it out. I only bought the 300 yen rods, and also bought the new Hammer Virus arcade cabinet.

12. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    It is said that Irem's full focus is with pachinko (the real ones), so most probably it'll stay, but nothing's guaranteed in todays world.

13. martinsonj

martinsonj Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    ReccaWolf, you still give rocks to the noob even thought you know he's a noob? Unless you're in a hurry to collect them all asap, wouldn't it better to just stockpile the rocks until the woman shows up? That's what I do anyways.

As for the fishing game, you don't need both rods but definitely one of the other. The 'spikey' rod allows you to stun a monster twice, and the circle pattern is wide. The other rod lets you stun three times but the circle pattern is much tighter.

If the monster's HP is zero you can pull it up from anywhere within the pattern. But if the monster's HP is merely in the red, it's best to try to pull from the middle circle. But I wouldn't even try to pull up before it's HP is zero unless you're running out of time.

Also after you here the "OHhh~" you can use a stun. Wait til the monsters HP is 1/3 then use a stun. By the time you here the 2nd "OHhh~" , and use your 2nd stun, the it's HP should be at or near zero. Although if the monster is really weak, you can might only need to use one stun or none at all.

The bait you use effects which monsters might show up. (I keep saying monsters because not all of them are kuppa) I have gotten a monster that looks like a loin as well as an little chibi alien. lol So for he gives the most points I've seen so far, 90.

I earned everything but the female kuppa. I really like this game. I can't wait to see what some of the other rewards will be when they are made available. And the free personal space is very nice to boot.

14. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    When did kuppa (bowser) leave the Super Mario world and come to PS Home? :p
    カッパ=kappa

15. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    That's corect, Faga, and I know that kind of monster too. It is a kappa, and they are Japanese folklore yokai - Kappa (folklore) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are so adorable, and great looking companions to boot. I did get the XL male and female kappa, and they were added onto the rewards list of treasures - 1000 for the male, 2000 for the female. I haven't unlocked anything else, but probably would consider seeing a list of any items that are sure to be put on the reward list.

I also was rewarded a cucumber bait when I talked to her after a few rounds of fishing (I guess you need to use it a few more times to unlock itself - and it is the kappa's favorite food, no joke!), the Dojo space, and the two 5 point picture rewards. I also have a silver trophy and a treasure chest on the right of it. I'm not sure what those symbols mean, or how can I get a gold trophy?

16. Shaundi

Shaundi Third Street Saints
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +44 /10
    I'm probably way wrong but my thinking was the little alien head symbol is for catching 10 creatures/ monsters (when it showed above my head I looked and had caught 10) trophy might be based on largest caught, currently I have silver and don't own either bought rods (though did get 5 uses of each through buying the 5 use item that costs 5 points) so haven't caught anything significantly large, and the last symbol I can only imagine is based on how many rewards you have won (got bronze once I got the dojo as my 1st reward)

17. HOPPER_34

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    hey kane--do you know if you caught the alien things when you were using the 5 trial rod/bait tickets? No mojo at my dojo. :1eye:

18. faga4567

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    The 3 marks on top of your head are

Alien: Number of catches
    Trophy: Not sure, but probably depends on points
    Personal space: When you receive your dojo

19. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    You get the Alien symbol when you catch an Alien, they are very hard to catch too! they have a lot of power so keeping them in the center circle is very hard to do without that timer going off and loosing the catch. So is it they have yet to release prizes or is what you see on the board unlocked by the amount of catches you make? there are a lot of hidden prizes still on my prize board.

20. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    Gold trophy is for catching the 50 point golden monster, which is easy when you use the eggplant or cucumber bait. I kept catching them over and over last night with both baits. looks like an easy way to get those companions pretty quickly.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted