Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Granzella : Setsubun 2013 Ogre Extermination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
    +47 /6
    Recca , you're right.
    :laugh:

Some people say the metal rod attack speed is a bit slow
    if compare to sward, but it has a large attack range.
    but beware, you might ambush buy other red monsters.

BTW, I saw people can beams, is it 1 time use only?
    you need to buy it again for the new mission ?

• Like Like x 1
    • HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
      +112 /7
      There was a report that I saw about people using some sort of exploit to earn 25K per game. I don't know anything more about it, but if there is such a thing, I hope GZ wipes them from leaderboards. Nothing surprises me with Home anymore.

I cant even get through one game with any sword that I own--those red ogres just stampede me at a point. I gave up--rewards not worth the time and effort.

• ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +89 /13
      Beans are there are a limited time, since it's the Setsubun event. I just bought them in Japan and HK already. Surprisingly, HK has the Boy's Day armor set too, which I bought as well! I'll have to remind myself to buy the beans in EU as well.

The other stuff should be permenantly in store after the event, I believe.

• mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
      +47 /6
      I might buy a horse from lockwood, and let samurai ride on it.

• faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +113 /3
      No, the reward you get is what rank you finish with at the end of the event.

With the fiasco going on, I really wish they take down the ranking board. Never ever brought any good to Home.

• Like Like x 1
      • faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +113 /3
        The muramasa sword can only do 1/2 damage to ogre so it's probably better to use the centapede sword if you have it.

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
        +89 /13
        Yeah, I found out about it when it didn't do anything when completing a Mononoke game after reaching a certain rank. Wished it was so. And now, seeing as one hacker or more hackers can completely destroy anyone's 1-10 rank progress, GZ should've known better than having this crap. It's totally unfair for everyone.

Oh, just went to the shooting gallery, the prizes have a new ogre doll for the event. Bet they'll have all 3 plus some any new ones later on. Go check it out.

• sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +90 /0
        Is this referring to the recent thread on the EU forum?
        Edo scores being hacked - PlayStation Forum

If so from my understanding its not per game, said person has earned the points and then the script file is altered so others can have said points added to their own scripts files without actually earning them.

Most are frustrated with this news as they are putting time and effort into the game in order to try and earn some of the rare leaderboard rewards. (I wish I could attempt it but network errors are not letting me finish many games :()
        Whilst 25K won't really upset the EU, Asia or JP boards too much, a small concern for me is this file being used on NA accounts so said users can get a head start on demon points, which doesn't really sound too fair.

*bare in mind I could be wrong, my understanding in exploits is very limited.*

• Informative Informative x 1
        • DivaPlavaLaguna

DivaPlavaLaguna I am my own Knight in shining armor

Ratings:
          +3 /1
          So basically what you're saying is even if I didn't have a job and devoted my time to the game I would still not be number 1, lol.

• sam_reynolds01

Ratings:
          +90 /0
          Not at all, obviously those with more free time (and a huge amount of patience) have a huge advantage at getting higher scores. Some on my friend list have been grinding away and have huge scores.

I was merely stating a small concern this method could be used when the event starts in NA this week giving those individuals a 25K head-start before the average joe has even started.
          But if a higher scoring script file is shared around, that will have a bigger impact on the leaderboards.

• martinsonj

martinsonj Active Member

Ratings:
          +10 /0
          The first few times I played this event I used the purple sword. So it is totally possible and I always beat it with 2 candles remaining. However you -must- have the apartment so you can heal yourself. Otherwise the sword will kill you before the oni do.

I did buy the metal rod as well. The move set is different from the (purple) sword, attacks are slower, only a 3 hit chain is possible. It also feels like the avatar movement speed is a little slower, but not totally sure on that. However, the rod is super powerful.

A jumping swing attack will kill a blue oni with one hit, otherwise two standing swings will bring it down. The tall yellow oni are a joke, so no worries there. It's the red oni you have to look out for. Use hit and run tactics, try to fake him out when he rushs you, and if you have throwing weapons use them. 10 or so beans will kill it. So if you buy the beans you can kill 3 red oni with little trouble.

Also, a reminder; the 'party hat' you can pick up with happy points downtown gives +1 def. You might look kinda silly but wearing it might just save you life. I think the monster heads you get from granny also give +1 def. A shame you couldn't use both at the same time.

Anyways good luck!

• LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Goddess from the Moon

Ratings:
          +5 /0
          It's possible to kill both bosses and finish with muramasa without being able to heal.

• martinsonj

martinsonj Active Member

Ratings:
          +10 /0
          He didn't say if he had that sword or not. If he does have it, yes, it's possible. But you would need to kill or lure away the red oni first. Also just killing the two bosses then leaving is a total waste of time. If you have the means to heal yourself you should aim to kill all the oni. As even if you kill them all and include the bonus points having the rod or new sword gives, you are only looking at 660 oni points per game.

I only have 3 more oni rewards to unlock so trust me, this is the most effective method. By the way, if anyone needs a 'bodyguard' for co-op just ask. I'll be playing daily until I unlock all the rewards at least.

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
          +89 /13
          I use the Donganryu armor with the iron metal club, since it's the best. Blue ogres die after 1 hit, red ogres 5 hits, and gold orges 8 hits. Using the beans it takes off half of a club hit, meaning killing a blue ogre with beans will be 2 throws.

Oh, btw, I did found out that there's only 2 rewards in the shooting gallery in Edo - the gold and blue ogres. They correspond each day, so you can pick them up.

• gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
          +22 /11
          Ive got very tactical with what rewards I want, as theres not many rewards now that dont involve the purchase of another item to actually get them. So buying a metal rod and beans to win a face mask or if I spend my life on there i could win a re-coloured bike, ill just buy the normal red bike and save some money thanks. Ill still play that version of the game but if Granzella have made it difficult enough so it requires me to buy more to complete the game for some fit for storage rewards. forget it

• DivaPlavaLaguna

DivaPlavaLaguna I am my own Knight in shining armor

Ratings:
          +3 /1
          Is it how many points you have total or just how many points you earn during the event?
          I hope it is during the event point accumulation because I haven't been on PSHome very long...

• sam_reynolds01

Ratings:
          +90 /0
          Demon points is a new point counter for this event.

• Turbo Tom

Turbo Tom Active Member

Ratings:
          +9 /1
          If you buy the beans you can use them 30 times every game you play but no more, you have 30 available at the start of each game you play, so if you want to buy them go ahead they won't run out in a way that you have to keep buying them.

As for the leaderboard rewards, the amount of hours required to get the rewards, probably 100+ hours playing there is just not possible for many and in my opinion not even worth the effort as the rewards for the leaderboards are not that good anyway. But reaching 100,000 points is already a big ask, that's like 25 hours of gameplay I think they should give all rewards to everyone that reaches 100,000, and for the top 10 they could give a special t-shirt saying I have too much free time or something.

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
          +89 /13
          I know that most of you don't like to purchase in other regions, but go about it this way: If you already got a weapon (not the bamboo sword), use it and stay alive and reach 20K points each day and quit, and go to the next region you want to play the ogre game, or do something else you wanted to do - like keeping the Peakvox Ninja's daily bonus alive or the Labs' crane machine or L Project, etc.

Since it's only a monthly event, chances are you will reach 100K within 5 days, but of course that's up to you how do you wish to raise the points to 100K. There's also the old woman rewards too, if you haven't been buying from her already, so you can at least play the game and earn ryo for teapots or anything that you may didn't get at all. That's always a plus, because it was already there to begin with and it's even more better than any leaderboard reward that you'll possibly never get and never will from them. It's not worth the effort for leaderboard status, guys, seriously.

• mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
          +47 /6
          The beam is very helpfull.

Verification:
        Draft saved Draft deleted