Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU European Home Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I found out that the EU's server for the Winter Space 2011 is not connected at all since yesterday, and people are getting annoyed. I went by there today and it's still not on. The only regions that are in working order are NA and HK regions.

I hope someone will fix this by the time Winter Quest 3 comes around Thursday.

2. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    Do you think they actually forgot that they didn't have R/C Rally there yet? If they did....well I don't know what to say lol They did this event in HK without that part of it right?

3. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    Yes, and the quest went smoothly. I think they didn't anticipate that part about it, and needed it to be changed.

I took a look at the post from the EU Forums about this being offline still and most of the EU community didn't do the first quest at all, due to EU Sony's stupidity of not fixing the server. :p

4. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Got email from my EU Acct. A free dynamic snowman theme. :)

5. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    I think the audi piano leaderboard is now broken, ive been on yesterday leaderboard since the 25th.

soooo glad i finally got the piano, but its was really annoying being knocked off the leaderboard by the same people everyday.

6. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    EU Home's server still seems to be offline from the Winter Space 2011. I'm hearing angst and anger among the EU community.

Why couldn't they do HK's WS 2011 example instead of just cutting them off like that and giving out no word? It's just plain rude. I hope that it'll be extended onto this coming Thursday's update.

7. HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
    +112 /7
    The worst part is there will be no update this coming Thursday:

"Well, that wraps it up for 2011 on PlayStation Home. There will be no PS Home update next week due to the holidays, so here’s wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

I think its safe to say that there are some problems with EU Home staffing and maybe otherwise. Apparently there are no community leads/managers since Muster and Thy left but maybe it runs even deeper than that. They seem to have forum mods trying to provide whatever little forum tech support they get too. It's hard to say what is really going on. I joked about the NA team having taken over there when the Underwater Apt. wasn't showing up for some people, but who knows, maybe that IS what is happening.

Putting the same X-mas space there as NA, knowing (or maybe not) that it wouldn't work for the obvious reasons, is really careless and basically just left the whole region hanging out to dry for a couple of weeks during the Holidays. What kind of a thank you for your support and Happy Holidays message is that? I don't blame EU Home users for being outraged.

I have always wished they could just put the U.K. (and maybe a few other countries that live in the year 2011) on a separate server altogether to avoid a lot of the legal issues with the ass backward countries that I think hold back that region as it is now. I have no idea if that is one of the reasons why they are struggling to keep people there, but it sure seems like an obstacle that has been mentioned enough and that would get very annoying.

ah well....life goes on

8. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    No update? And the quests are 3 parts long! What idiots! :ranting:

9. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Anything like last year, the xmas decorations were up until about February in some spaces, I think singstar switched from xmas to valentines, so there will probably be plenty of time to sort out the quests, just catch the six fish now and play poker to cover that part of quest off, the rewards are just inventory fillers anyway and I remember that feeling last year when I got that final reward on 25th December, a turkey I could wear on my head, Theres only been really one reward worth getting this Christmas thats the vase from lockwood. The rest of the rewards are not Christmas limited time or are rubbish inventory fillers, or very American and dont mean much to other regions anyway.

10. ReccaWolf

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    They did had the first Winter Quest done two weeks ago, but then it was cut off last Thursday. Considering the bugs and glitches from the walk-arounds, I really liked the Winter Wonderland spaces a lot better, and you can get things done very easily.

11. Kindle

Kindle Senior Horde

Ratings:
    +9 /1
    Maybe the reason that SCEE hasn't fixed the Server yet is that for this particular case, they'd have to reset all the Quests back to Quest 1 for everyone. So what? They should just go ahead and reset it, already.

I've accidentally cancelled a current Quest more than once (Quest 1 and Bargain Hunter both in NA) and redoing it didn't cost more than 15-20 minutes. Most of the time all that's needed is to show up in the target space when you've completed a previous challenge, you don't have to actually replay Bootleggers or Rally a second time...

EDIT: I didn't realize that EU doesn't have RC Rally available. So that may be a primary reason why there's no Quest 2 for them. However, this still doesn't excuse SCEE for shutting down the Winter Activities Board for everyone. They're showing an amazing lack of flexibility in response to an planned event that must have taken months to set up.

12. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    They did had the first Winter Quest done two weeks ago, but then it was cut off last Thursday. Considering the bugs and glitches from the walk-arounds, I really liked the Winter Wonderland spaces a lot better, and you can get things done very easily.[/QUOTE] all we can hope for is a better year for home in 2012, a lot of friends have stopped using home due to old developers leaving, new developers money grabbing antics, issues with home program itself, people getting stupid bans while the real nastys get away with it, the future looked so bright just over a year a ago when they released the sunset yacht, we were all thinking so positive, how great the future would be and really home hasnt moved forward at all, because where its moved on on some areas, its moved further back in others, but 2012 is another year ill remain a user, spent too much to give up now lol

13. April_Croft

April_Croft Ps Home Traveller :)
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    So it's not on at all, and not being updated. Great. Why is EU home so crap? Bloody laziness....yep we will bring out an 8 quid yacht for you to spend your money on to divert attention away from the Winter quest while we sit on our arses and ignore the problems, and ignore the people who tell us about them. Oh and, Merry Xmas!

Pathetic.

14. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    and a happy new year because we are off now till then

15. April_Croft

April_Croft Ps Home Traveller :)
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
  16. Halm_Barte

Halm_Barte Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I've said it before and I'll say it again JAPANESE APARTMENT CEILING LIMIT TOO ******* LOW!!!
    I think I'm done spending cash on psHome if they can't be bothered. Frankly I'm spending more and more time on my six year old PC over my ps3 ...which may find its way onto the re-sale market when I'm done with skyrim.
    When I first used home (when they had that mini-helicopter game in the main square) I loved it ....now ....not so much.

17. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I understand your view, I think alot of us do. I think the severe lack of tech support to fix these issues really causes too much frustration and burnout with Home. But it is what it is. Not much you can do when Sony only half cares about ya.

I try to enjoy what I can get out of Home. Que sera sera. Enjoy friends. Accept what won't get fix. Protesting bounces off deaf ears, and staff that labels us "discontents" and looks down on us if we aren't happy happy spenders. Even though their salaries come from OUR money.

But then, because they don't seem to want to listen to me, I definitely spend alot less now. I used to be a big spender on many accounts. But now down to a bare trickle.

For them, home is a cash cow, and we are cattle.

But for us, it's always been about having fun with new friends. And I try to stay with that basic principal. :)

18. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    I have to say I agree with the fly on this point, things are what they are, open your horizons a bit though, hang out with friends in a bar in the old west or go crusing with your friends fast and furious style or even a burger restaurant in liberty city, there a lot of games that you can just hang out on, without home, so if homes lagging or not working why not use a game to hang out on.

19. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    This weeks SCEE stores update in full.
    5th January 2012

A total for 27 new items this week.

20. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    before i forget, we finally got a response from a mod about the eu quest problem. :shocking:
    Re: winter 2011 quest board wont connect EU - Page 3 - PlayStation Forum

at least its a start. :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted