Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

Who here is a regional spender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Firefly, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    I have to admit. I'm guilty. I often buy yen with a huge markup and spend like crazy in Japan. Lotsa yen. Often through Gateway-to-japan.com. And through trading with some friends. I've probably spent hundreds of dollars worth of yen in Japan.

Though I only have spent maybe about $40 in HK.

ButI haven't spent a pound or euro in EU. I feel bad. But I don't want to start feeding another account.

How about you guys? How much do you guys spend and where do you go to get your cash?

:D

2. Joanna

Joanna Well-Known Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +37 /2
    You mean you can shop in other regions too? :w00t:

3. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    I Shop using the KimmyAirways Visa Card XD

4. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    I usually buy lots of yen, HK, and EU cards whenever it runs out every month, though I do save money as I can.

5. Glen Courtney

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I wouldn't really bother spending money on other accounts and starting all again :O LoL i wouldn't even have the money to do so either, I barely spend money on my own account> about 20euro between every 2 months or so lol

6. stevev363

stevev363 Milkshake Maven XD

Ratings:
    +12 /0
    I have been using PC game supply and playasia for cards in HK and JP. PC game supply is 30 minutes but usually less and playasia is instant codes if in stock. I purchased a card last monday but they were restocking so I should see it this monday hopefully. put the kebash on my Irem purchases but I'm happy with what I got. I only purchase items not available in other territories.

7. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    I love too spent money :D

8. Caspearious

Caspearious SC4RY LURK3R D00D

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm a new regional spender. I just spent a little over $100 using my Visa in JP in a 2 week period. Won't be doing that again for a looooooong time. I'm not going to do HK, since I barely use HK as it is.

I would do EU if I could get into the Move space's store without freezing up (to get the sparkly move outfit with the extra emote). But since I can't, I really don't have incentive to buy there, yet.

9. Yoshikawa

Yoshikawa Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 /2
    how do used credit card in different regions please tell me :D

10. K-rolyne72

K-rolyne72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 /0
    my favourite home to buy is definitively japanese one but i must admit i'm kinda shopaholic and spent some $ on NA and € on EU homes... even bought some stuff in HK too but not as much as i did in JP

11. Soft Power

Soft Power Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    For the longest time I only spent money in NA Home. But when people started wearing the Sheryl costume in Japan, I just had to have one. And then I really wanted Japan's unique rewards for Aurora, so I picked up a bunch of experience boosters. It turned into a slippery slope from there. It's weird because I'm okay with spending the equivalent of $11 on a costume over there, but not here in NA.

12. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    I never duplicate anything but ill buy from EU NA or Japan depending on where i think it will fit in better

13. Kimilicious

Kimilicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I Am A Shopaholic, I Can't Be Helped :eek:

I Mostly Buy In NA Only BUT I Have Jumped To Japan And Spent 2000 Yen, LoL. I'm Trying To Stay Away From Japan .. There Is So Much Nice Content There And The Outfits Are Well Detailed ;D

14. TK429

TK429 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    As much as I would really like to spend up in both Japan and NA, I can and do tend to spend quite a bit here in EU. Having removed my credit card from PSN, I now top up my Wallet using PSN Cards on a regular basis. Recently purchased a US PSN Card for my US account just to see what I've been missing out on.

One note however- have a second account here in EU Region (which I hardly use or spend on)- but that account got that 'Gold PS3' ornament. What's the deal with that?

15. Jesse Joe King III

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm glad someone posted about this I have looked and looked for places to get EU and HK or Jap psn cards my problem is I'm not sure who to trust and wich is the best price. The other thing is for the HK and Jap accounts I'm not sure wich one has the lowest price for themes because the themes I want both regions have. And 1 other thing
    Can anyone tell me what "Dynamic Theme" looks like in japanese I've tried to compare but can't seem to see where its at in the print also if anyone knows where I can find an english translation for the Jap Psn store I have looked all over
    I have found translations for both of the Toro Station Games/Apps so I hope this also is
    Floating around thje cloud somewhere thank u tyo anyone who can answer some or all of my questions

16. sam_reynolds01

sam_reynolds01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 /0
    So far, I've managed to restrain myself to Spending in my home region, but I'm definitely starting to get tempted by JP.

17. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Jesse, i'm not near my ps3 right now, but i'll try. To look in the jp store about the dynamic theme for you tonight.

Vicky, what some have been doing is calling their credit card companies. They tell them what they want to do, and how much they want to spend. Let them know in advanced the address will be some weird place in japan. And the tell them not to flag it as fraud. Then the transaction works fine. The one thing to ask, is how much of a fee they will charge for changing into yen. That might be a bit high.

Of course the danger with that is if there is a screw up, they might MAC ban your console and every account on it. So then you have to deal with getting it unbanned by talking to PSN customer service in Japan.

18. yokokoroma

yokokoroma Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I just recently made my 1st purchases in JP PS Home, in Granzella! I wish I could've got some Irem clothing, rather feudal wear, but I was in search of JP PSN cards! Each home, has at least one thing to offer, that's different from any other! However JP PS Home, has far more items, most of which are pretty high quality! In saying that, I believe PS Home Japan (if your into the culture) is where you will spend most of your money, as far as regional spending goes!!

19. kazziwazzi24

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    i would try avoid spending euro's or pound's because of the poor exchange rates and the recent economy of many european countries

spending on japan home would much more cost efficient

20. julie_love

julie_love Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 /0
    Every time I visit another region I'm tempted to buy some of the outfits, but so far I've restrained myself. :0 I only spend money for one avatar in NA and that is enough for me. The Free Items in Asia and EU were a big help since I'm not running around looking like a total noob, just kind of 'noobish' with free items. :)

I don't hang out in other regions enough to spend money to be honest, but it is tempting with all the great content, especially in Japan!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted