Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

Should There Be A Gifting Option?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by April_Croft, Jul 13, 2010.

1. April_Croft

April_Croft Ps Home Traveller :)
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    Since Day one of me joining home I have hoped for this.. I'd love to be able to send and recieve gifts :(

What does everyone else think? :)

2. Cyarm

Cyarm Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Eh, kind of an iffy feature, depending on what you can gift. If furniture/clothing or anything that costs money were to be giftable, that'd be kind of a kick in the shins for Sony in regards to profitabillity. Now if it were simmilar to Facebook's poke feature, that could work. Or if it were possible, it'd be cool to gift a picture frame with a picture that you've taken yourself in game of the two of you or whatever.

3. April_Croft

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    yeah, they would probably lose a bit of money but still... I know my boyfriend and I would love to be able to gift to each other :)

4. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    A gift option would be nice or if sony are worryed about losing money they could sell Home store gift cards. So it really is something they could do if they so wished :)

5. Angel2902

Angel2902 Angel2902

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Thats a great idea. I think this would help to build friendships and clubs in home. Some facebook applications such as yoville use this and it works really well.

6. PiaCarot

PiaCarot Cat Ballyhoo

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I think a gifting option would be open to abuse... unless the gift items were free to begin with and limited to say 5 a month

7. umbrono

umbrono Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    great idea .

8. SFCCL-SALonghorn

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    How would Sony lose money if you buy something & then have the option to "Gift it" to a friend in Home? Sony gets paid, and why would they care who has the object?

9. TheSabreman

TheSabreman Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I would like there to be a trading shop, advertise what you want and what you have to swap. Maybe give a 2 week cooling off period if you change your mind.

It would encourage communication and potentially become a popular feature. It may also increase the frequency that users log on so I doubt the lose of revenue would be significant as more people spending more time online can only be a good thing for Home.

10. the17thdragon

the17thdragon V.i.V.A............4.4.11

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Gifting would be great. I don't see how Sony could be out of money by adding this option... All they have to do is when you buy an item just have a tab for gifting and you pick the friend its going too. Then bam... when they log on the download its waitin for them... If for whatever reason after a period of time the item goes unclaimed... the funds are put back in the buyers wallet. Problem solved.... SONY GIMME A JOB... LOL ;)

11. April_Croft

Valued Member

Ratings:
    +2 /1
    Wow I'm glad there are others who agree with my thought.. I also agree with SFCCL-SALonghorn come to think of it... they wouldn't lose money at all if the item was paid for, which of course it would be anyway. I think there should be free gifts available as well as being able to gift items you buy. I think it would be a lovely idea considering the amount of people who use home mainly to talk to and visit friends :)

12. brownerzbest

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yea that would be fantastic

13. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    From today you will be able to gift users, be sure to pick up the FREE Gift Machine from Lockwood.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted