Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

[ Home Needs Some Kind Of 247 Mods ]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TJMVoyager, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TJMVoyager

TJMVoyager Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Who else gets tired of some little sht running up in your face and bad mouthing you while your have a nice conversation with someone? Or how about just plain simply being rude.

I noticed it's getting worse, and for that reason I feel, and think home needs some kind of 247 mods on keeping track or at least someone that can quickly warn them.

We all know the report system is some what fail, and really is the only way to combat this.

Maybe volunteers or people that are on home alot, heck I would.

I know it's a game, and I know this stuff happens, but, alot of us disagree with some of the things that people do on home, like being rude and disrespectful. Noting wrong with playing around, but being rude, and disrespectful to others, not good.

Many many times I am trying to talk to someone and someone runs up and being rude.

Anyone else feel this way?

2. ZeroRyoko

ZeroRyoko Bad Sailor Girl

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Never gonna happen. If they need "Volunteers" (insert comment here) how are they going to keep mods on 24-7. I would love to see it. But this is Sony we are talking about.

3. TK429

TK429 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Why not just have EVERYONE agree on 'activating' the "IGNORE" feature the second something like this happens?

Better still, have Sony 'assign' this "IGNORE" functionality to one of the Shoulder Buttons for quick and easy access. Instead of having users hunt for it in the sub-menus.

4. Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
    +67 /2
    Sony is too cheap to hire alot of mods. Plus they are reluctant to ban users that give them profit. That's why moderation in Home is so weak.

I actually try to push an idea every so often to fix this problem. I think we need an "avatar block" button. One click and they can't see you anymore and you don't see them. You both vanish from each other's screen. You are both there still in the same lounge. But your ps3's stop rendering each other's avatar. That instantly solves the problem of pesky jerks.

5. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    Its not so much Sony are to cheap, its more a case they already mod Home more than they legally have to by law and the tools at hand to end users to deal with the problems are to hidden.

Not many new users know about the safe screen via the select button and last i looked thats not made clear to be there anywhere in Home.

In more for adding a small yearly fee to Home if the money went to better servers and support. The so called RA users would be put from the abuse because if banned they would have to payout to access Home again, where right now its free to just set up a new id within a few min and return to abuse in Home.

6. ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 /13
    We really do need more 24/7 people around Home. Home is becoming a trend and from the looks of things now, we should've had support a long time ago and reassurance from a reply from them or something else.

7. James Knux

James Knux F.C.F. Ch. 6 Underboss

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I just ignore them, but when i'm just posting up and talking to fam or friends and they keep following me and dancing in my face it's annoying. It's typical noobism lol.

8. hyperkane

hyperkane mm (©_©) mm

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'm my own Mod. :taz:

9. Ultra

Ultra Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    They should definitely have a higher mod presence. To cover the costs they should be aggressive in adding new features and charging for them. For example new gestures, dances, ways to interact with the world, big item limit increase (this could be a pay feature), audio and video. It's a win-win situation. I'd like to think otherwise, but they might not rake in enough $$ from items alone to justify new features and mods.

That being said, I find the best way to deal with disrespectful people is not respond to them in any way. They almost always get bored and move on. And if they don't let up you can just press select and block them.

10. v_Trillian_v

v_Trillian_v Fun Lover

Ratings:
    +0 /0

11. WaveLightning777

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Yes. Even if you block them, all it does is lock out their text boxes... they can still be idiots with their avvies...

12. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    No methods truely work cos of corruptable human element best thing is to ignore freaks, we could rework club system making them public or private if public anyone can enter n take advantage of club but it is moderated by club owners so u get to meet new people with similar interests but if freak arrives he can be kicked out n if kicked out he should go to first loading area making it a longer trip back

13. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Active Member
    Valued Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I'd be for that, I wouldn't mind paying to clutter my apartment with more pretty things.

I just don't think paying to access Home would be a good idea since I would think trolls would rapidly begin to abuse it.

But I do agree a stronger mod presence is needed. In the Little Big Planet space a friend of mine and I were trying to make a wallpaper for her and some ass was running around the creator messing up other people's work. We weren't the only ones. He would randomly join a session and then try to fill it with dicks, literally.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted