Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

HELP! Just deleted HOME...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hardrockcafe, Jun 26, 2012.

1. hardrockcafe

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hey guys, forgive me if this has been mentioned before OR if this is the wrong forum...but a couple days ago, in my area I found out that PSN was down for some reason...it was not known to me that this was a PSN error at first. I figured that it was my system. What was happening was HOME WASN'T loading all the way. It stuck on "connecting to HOME" screen forever. Well I called Sony and tried to get a bit of insight to see what was going on. Well after doing some checks on my end with Internet and such...we found that it wasn't my connection at all. The rep. From Sony told me that the next step would be to delete HOME and add it back on. We did. But not before I saved all my personal spaces (decorating and such). I didn't want to lose anything! I even saved all my settings and everything. Now I have multiple accounts on my PS3. So I wanted to make sure I saved all of them. So after doing all that...I deleted HOME. Now HOME is back up and working for me. However. I fear that all the stuff I saved on the memory stick isn't uploading correctly. I added HOME back and now my avatar looks like a NOOB plus it is female now. I think I may have done something wrong. AND on the memory stick I only see one save file for avatar settings too.i am definately not new to HOME. I have been on there now for over 2 and a half years now. Can someone help me in letting me know how to add all my stuff exactly how I had it before I deleted it? I appreciate it very much.

Thanks

2. TK429

TK429 Member

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    Hello, 'HOME' is just your way of getting into into and out of it, it doesn't retain your avatar or apartment settings. Downloading and reinstalling it should have been the only thing you need do. ALL your avatar and apartment settings should be as they are. Sometimes you need to 'LOAD' your avatar from a save file in your Wardrobe to restore it

You did not specify on the number of 'SAVES' you had to back-up into your Memory Stick. This is from the SAVED DATA UTILITY (PS3) folder under the GAME directory on the PS3's XMB correct? And if is so then it will have several individual files and not only one.

How did you 'upload' the backed-up save files back to the PS3?

One way to check if your settings are as they are is to manually check them when you're in HOME. On your NAVIGATOR, see if ALL your apartments are there- visit one of them to see if any changes have occurred THEN go to your WARDROBE, and LOAD/SAVE and check to see if all is there.

Hope this helps out.

3. gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
    +22 /11
    Setting save has avatar looks and saved outfits if theres a problem with that then you will be default and have to remake your avatar

4. Im_s0_fly_u_mad

Im_s0_fly_u_mad BTTM Da Bo$$.taken ova

Ratings:
    +0 /0
    I no wut u mean bout saven ya stuff i save all my stuff all da tyme and i also have multiple accs as well next tyme if u have a smart phone its also best to save all ure stuff on ur phone and make sure u make folders to separate the files for that go with each acc...

I do this all the tyme and wen u load home bk up ur avatar and ur private spaces would look like they did b for u deleted home...

Its gone noe but knowing this hopefully this will help u out...

My id is

menntiiion-me

Hit me up if u have any questions and ill try n help as best as i can...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted