Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

Codeglue Race In Your Own Apartment & Win Your Own R/c Racer!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kwoman32, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +263 /52
    Race In Your Own Apartment & Win Your Own R/c Racer!, kwoman32, Apr 2, 2013, 5:41 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, Codeglue_Logo_Final[1].jpg

YPSH : Joining us today to tell us about their latest release is an old friend, Peter de Jong , CEO & co-founder and also Tom Rutjens, 3D artist from Codeglue. Welcome gentlemen! So let's get right into what you have coming this week. What is it?
    Peter : This week we are releasing our first mini-game called DIY Racer. It is a race game that turns your apartment into a race track! You can create your own track by using your furniture as building blocks.
    Tom : It’s really cool. You can create the wildest tracks and try to perform cool tricks while setting your best time.

YPSH : Do it yourself racing. Sounds fun! Is it a bundle or separate items?

Peter : We have 6 different cars and a great variety of specially designed furniture thatyou can use to build tracks. All these items can be purchased separately but we also have some great valued bundles.

YPSH : How many can race at once?

Peter : You can race alone but it’s better to invite a friend and do a one-on-one race. :)

Tom : Racing alone can also be really fun when you have some people next to you on the couch. You can laugh at each others' fails, be amazed by the cool tricks and see who can race the fastest lap!

YPSH : So we can use our own furniture items as well as the specially designed ones?

Peter : That’s correct. We created some ramps and boards to give you an idea of what’s possible, but this game really comes down to what you guys can create with all the furniture in Home! We hope to see some very cool tracks from you!

Tom : We’ve created some pretty insane tracks here at the office. But I’m sure you guys can best us in creating the coolest track ;)

Race In Your Own Apartment & Win Your Own R/c Racer!, kwoman32, Apr 2, 2013, 5:41 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, WP_20130402_002.jpg
    Hard at work developing DIY Racer
    YPSH : Tell us how you set up a race. Can you set the amount of laps for a race? Can you see the racers lap times?
    Tom : You start by placing furniture that will become your track. When all the furniture is in place, you place the mini-game (in the form of a start/finish line). Then you pick the car you want to use and start racing the track. Once you cross the finish line, your lap time will be recorded. Note that the game gives you a lot of freedom, so crossing the finish line without following the track will give you fast lap times, but little fun. :)
    YPSH : Of course, there are rewards. How many are there and how do we get them?
    Peter : Yes. We have a bunch of rewards in the game. We have some male and female shirts, but the coolest rewards are leather jackets for him and for her. You get these by owning the game, performing a cool trick or playing a game with one of your friends.
    YPSH : So everyone knows , here's a list of some of the items coming tomorrow:

DIYR - Wooden Plank Small
    DIYR - Wooden Plank Medium
    DIYR - Wooden Plank Large
    DIYR - Wooden Board Small
    DIYR - Wooden Board Medium
    DIYR - Wooden Board Large
    DIYR - Planks and Boards Bundle
    DIYR - Hoop of Fire
    DIYR - Arrow Sign
    DIYR - Concrete Block
    DIYR - Glass Tunnel
    DIYR - Night Stand
    DIYR - Dresser

All of the above included in Super Bundle #1

DIYR - Wooden Ramp Low
    DIYR - Wooden Ramp Medium
    DIYR - Wooden Ramp High
    DIYR - Wooden Platform
    DIYR - Wooden Block Low
    DIYR - Wooden Funbox
    DIYR - Ramps Bundle
    DIYR - Twister Lamp
    DIYR - Platform Lamp
    DIYR - Coffee Table
    DIYR - Bookshelves
    DIYR - Ramp Table
    DIYR - Wall Track
    DIYR - Half Pipe

All of the above included in Super Bundle #2

DIY Racer (Cardboard Car)
    DIY Racer (Hotrod Car)
    DIY Racer (Silver Car)
    DIY Racer (Blue Car)
    DIY Racer (Yellow Car)
    DIY Racer (Pink Car)

All of the above included in the Car Bundle

NOTE : The mini-game will be sold for $3.99 (NA). The furniture prices vary from $0.49 to $0.99 (NA).

Race In Your Own Apartment & Win Your Own R/c Racer!, kwoman32, Apr 2, 2013, 5:41 PM, YourPSHome.net, jpg, DIYRacer_Groupshot_26022013_2051x768.jpg

Tom, since this is your first time here, can you tell us about you? How did you get into the gaming business , how did you come to work for Codeglue and what all do you do for Codeglue?

Tom : Sure I can. I always really loved drawing and creating cool stuff. So, from early on, I did this as a hobby. This combined with my love for videogames I decided to combine the two hobbies and turn this into my job. Almost 6 years ago I finished my study “Animation & Games” at the Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Immediately after that I applied for a job at Codeglue and got hired. I was very lucky because this was the only Game Artist job I could find at that time AND it was really close to where I lived. I create a lot of the stuff you can find in PlayStation Home that has been brought out by Codeglue. For other projects I’m responsible for most of the visuals that are in the games.

YPSH : Thanks for coming by to share this with us today gentlemen! It sounds like fun! How about we do a YPSH/Codeglue DIY Racing Party and give away a bundle or two at random in EU and NA? Members can come and race the course we will set up at our EU and NA YPSH Clubhouses. During the event, we will choose winners at random from those present. Sound good?

Tom : Sounds like a plan! Cheers!

Peter : +1
    We will also be sponsoring a DIY Racer Party this Saturday, April 6th at our EU and NA YPSH Clubhouses! Attendees can race and try out the new DIY Racer and a couple of you will win it! Watch for a post with details -> CLICK HERE

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      Have personally been waiting for something like this to enter Home for a long time now, should be real fun and great to see the tracks people come up with.

• mikelep9054

Ratings:
      +2 /0
      cb is formula 1 fan i think, so some cars and driving options for them, would be nice too. Animals, jets, flying saucers, space ships, more options for what we race with, would be lots of fun.

• aogamerdude

Ratings:
      +0 /0
      Your own furniture for building blocks sounds neat. :)

• kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator

Ratings:
      +263 /52
      At yesterdays DIY Racer party, we had the pleasure of having Peter deJong, CEO of Codeglue with us. Some good news about changes coming to DIY Racer and suggestions were discussed. Read them and add your own --- >>>> CLICK HERE

Verification:
    Draft saved Draft deleted